Sweet-pages.com is considered as a malignant domain which is categorized as a browser hijack virus or Page Jacking virus that is capable of boosting website traffic on affected computer. On the surface, Sweet-pages.com which is also title with Sweet Page, provides practical search engine similar as Yahoo, Google or Bing for the sake of enriching Internet users online experience. Nonetheless, it has no relevance with the alleged services but turns up as a hack utility operated by cyber criminals for illicit subjects. Most commonly, Sweet-pages.com browser hijack virus may be spread via Trojan and generally disguised as a browser plug-in or extension in order to mislead users into downloading and installing. When activated, this type of infection will immediately insert its characteristic codes and files on affected computer, attempting to lead to modification in web browser configuration apparently. This may directly have an affect on popular-used browsers, despite of IE/Chrome/Firefox.
By technically using the strategy of DLL plug-in and BHO (Browser Helper Object), Sweet-pages.com browser hijack virus has the capability to alter the original homepage, start-up page or error page to its appointed URLs based on Sweet-pages.com. Meanwhile Internet users may be forcibly redirected to web pages that they barely have any intention of visiting. Other unauthorized pop-up ads or adware infection may keep displaying on affected web browser that cannot be terminated readily. Apart from those basic symptoms, Sweet-pages.com browser hijack virus is adept at digging system vulnerabilities to drop and install its related add-on or toolbars so that to follow and trace users’ online search habits and cookies. As a consequence, the confidential data of users such as online bank credentials, Visa or passwords may be revealed to the developers of virus out of expectation. Without any doubts Internet users are obliged to get rid of Sweet-pages.com redirect virus in order to avoid further damage or data loss.
Note: The following manual removal requires tech skills and experience. If any wrong operation or even any deviation from the instructions during the manual removal could result in irreparable system damage. If you are not familiar with the operation and cannot remove Sweet-pages.com virus on your own, you may start a live chat with the recommended VilmaTech 24/7 Online Tech Agents to help you resolve your problem promptly and safely.
1. Sweet-pages.com browser hijack virus is commonly spread via Trojan and pretends to be a toolbar or other browser extension, attempting to mislead users into downloading.
2. Sweet-pages.com browser hijack virus may be distributed by malicious websites or other legitimate web pages that have been assaulted by the developers of malware.
3. Sweet-pages.com browser hijack virus may be packaged with specific application that seems to be legitimate. When users download the infected program onto computer, it may incidentally drop and install this redirect virus out of expectation.
4. Sweet-pages.com browser hijack virus may be propagated by SPAM email which contains malign link or sponsor attachments.
In major cases, users would like to safeguard their computer with the aid of installed antivirus software program. However, to deal with Sweet-pages.com browser hijack virus, it may fail to pick up any trace of the virus. The original reason is that Sweet-pages.com is endowed with advanced hiding techniques by hackers. Once being installed, it will immediately implant its malicious codes and files in deep system to protect itself from auto removal. As a result, though you may update to the latest virus database in your antivirus software, it may not be able to handle Sweet-pages.com virus alone. If this is the case, you may consider the helpful manual approach to erase all components of Sweet-pages.com hijack virus from computer.
Part one: Reset homepage.
a. Go to Tools, and then select ‘Manage Add-ons’;
b. In Manage Add-ons window, click on ‘Search Providers’, and then choose ‘Bing’ /‘Google’ search engine or other you like and make it default;
c. Then go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; In the opened Internet Options window, click on ‘General tab’ and set any website you like as default homepage such as http://www.google.com.
d. Click OK.
a. Open Google Chrome, go to ‘Settings’ option;
b. In Google Chrome Options window, click on ‘Basic Options’;
c. Now you can reset Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and then click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
d. Choose ‘Google’ as default search engine from the list.
a. Open Mozilla Firefox, and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
b. In the Manage Search Engine list. Remove Sweet-pages.com (or Sweet Page) from the installed search engines.
c. Go to ‘Tools’, and then “Options”. Under General tab, reset any site you like as your default homepage.
Tips: Cannot remove Sweet-pages.com by yourself? If so, please feel free to contact VilmaTech certified professionals 24/7 online here for the further help.
Part two: Remove leftover and registry files of Sweet-pages.com.
a. Open Windows Task Manager to end up the process of Sweet-pages.com hijack virus.
b. Get rid of the following files created by Sweet-pages.com.
c. Clean up the registry entries of Sweet-pages.com. Open Registry Editor first ( Click Start menu and go to Run; type “regedit” in the search box).
In the Registry Editor, search for and remove all the registry files created by Sweet-pages.com hijack virus.
1. Always enforce a password policy. Complex password policy has the capability to protect password files from being cracked on compromised machine. This will limit or reduce damage when a computer is attacked significantly.
2. Use a firewall protection. Generally, a computer has the built-in firewall function that can be used to block all coming connections from the Internet to services which shout not be publicly available. Except that, some antivirus software programs may also provide the service of firewall that is capable of safeguarding computer against potential threats.
3. Have a full scan for computer regularly. It is certain that a standard antivirus application or other security utility could be utilized to detect and remove specific PC malware for the fake of protecting system. Hence, users could regularly have a quick or full scan on computer in order to refrain from unwanted damage or loss. Anyhow, new threats are increasing each day; there is no perfect antivirus that is able to resolve all kinds of infections. In this case, other effective approach should be considered, such as manual removal.
Sweet-pages.com is not a reputable website, which has been popularly recognized as a browser hijack virus produced by cyber criminals for illegal purpose. Most commonly this type of infection attack frequently-used web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. When executed, it will typically insert its malicious codes and files in order to make chaos in kernel system. This will directly make modification in web browser configuration such as DNS and web search provider. Therefore, the default homepage, error page or start-up page may be changed to its malicious domain based on Sweet-pages.com. Apart from the appreant symptoms, Sweet-pages.com hijack virus may be utilized by attackers to trace and record user’s online confidential data. It is certain that users should get rid of Sweet-pages.com browser hijack virus as long as being informed of its presence to avoid unwanted damage or data loss. However, as a sophisticated redirect virus, Sweet-pages.com virus could bypass the detection and full removal by antivirus software easily. In this case, you may think over the almighty manual removal to clean up all its related processes, DLL. files or registry files for good.
If you cannot remove Sweet-pages.com hijack virus by yourself and afraid of making mistake, you are welcome to ask help from VilmaTech 24/7 Online Experts for real-time support.