Triple-search.com was actually a redirect virus released by Cyber crooks with the intention to make the Internet users be blinded and easily fall for their scams. Evil criminals would take advantage of the occasion to create a redirect virus to achive their evil plan. In this case, when it successfully infected the targeted computer and replaced the original homepage to the http://triple-search.com, most of the users would not notice the trick and blindly and trustingly use this dangerous service for searching. In this way, Cyber criminals would use the redirect virus to freely lead the innocent users to any websites they wanted, so that they could defraud the users and make exorbitant profits.
Since the Triple-search.com stationed in the browser, users would get plenty of pop-ups and sponsored links constantly, that was also another cunning trick played by Cyber criminals. Because the redirect virus hid in the browser and monitored all the online activities of the users, secretly recording all the personal information such as user’s search query, browsing history, keywords and searching preferences, so that the criminals could suit the corresponding pop-ups ads to the users and draw them to click on those links then get hooked. The more information revealed to the Cyber crooks the more annoying pop-ups would display, forcibly promoting the users with various goods or services, it was just like a vicious cycle, continually causing more and more innocent users enormous economic losses.
Even the Triple-search.com redirect virus has not been classified as the high-risk infection, it is still necessary for users to pay attention on it. As the virus could easily be used by purposive criminals, it would bring many safety hazards to both the computer system and the targeted users. Because the Triple-search.com virus could record user’s personal information without authorization, evil criminals would remotely steal the confidential data and violate user’s personal privacy. In that case, once the critical information has been revealed to the criminals and used for business deals, user’s personal property would be under threat. In order to get rid of the messes in time and protect user’s legitimate rights and interests, the priority is to remove Triple-search.com without hesitation.
Tips: Please follow the instructions and remove the virus immediately, if you have any trouble during the removal, you are welcome to click on the button to ask the VilmaTech PC Experts for further help.
1. Click on the Tools from the browser menu then click on the Internet Options from the list.
2. Locate the Advanced tab in the pop-up dialog then click on the Reset button on the lower right corner.
3. Go to the General tab, input a safe URL in the homepage box as the new homepage.
4. Save the changes by clicking on the OK button, then restart the Internet Explorer to let the changes take effect.
1. Click on the Firefox button then remove the cursor to the Help, click on the Troubleshooting Information from the menu to open it.
2. In the next pop-up page, click on the Reset Firefox button and approve the reset.
3. Click on the Finish button to restart the Mozilla Firefox automatically.
4. Open the Firefox menu again to choose Options from the list.
5. In the pop-up dialog, locate the homepage settings section then type a new address in the box.
6. Save the modifications then restart the Mozilla Firefox manually.
1. Click on the Chrome wrench icon then select the Settings from the drop-down list.
2. In the pop-up Settings page, search for the Show advanced settings link then click on it.
3. Click on Reset browser settings button then confirm the reset.
4. Find out the Appearance section then put the check mark on the Show Home button.
5. Then click on the Change link to reset the browser homepage.
6. Save the changes then restart Google Chrome.
1. Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del composite keys, select the related processes from the Processes tab then disable them immediately.
2. Click on the Start button then choose the Control Panel from the menu.
3. In the pop-up Panel, locate the Programs then click on the Uninstall a Program link.
4. Next, carefully search for the related programs from the Programs and Features box, the select the unwanted items and right-click on it, choose the Uninstall.
5. Confirm the uninstall request then follow the wizard.
6. When finished, refresh the programs list and check if any unwanted item was missing.
1. Click on the Run box from the Start menu to open it.
2. In the pop-up search box, type “regedit” in the bar then click on the OK button.
3. When the Registry Editor opens, extend the left side branches to find out the related registry entries of Triple-search.com then delete them cautiously.
In case to delete the wrong registry files and get into much trouble, users would better back up the registry in advance. Here are the instructions:
1) Click on the Computer once in the Registry Editor to highlight it.
2) Then click on the File from the menu and choose the Export from the list.
3) In the Export Registry File dialog, pick a new and safe location to save the registry backup file. It is recommended to save this backup in different disk but users have to remember it.
4) Input a name in the File Name box for the backup file, then save the changes.
4. Go to find out the files belong to the Triple-search.com and delete them as well.
* If could not find any related file in the system, users have to modify the folder properties. Open the Folder Options dialog, choose the Show hidden files and folders then uncheck the default item Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
5. Close the Registry Editor then restart the computer to complete the removal. You’d better check if the Triple-search.com redirect has been successfully removed.
Triple-search.com redirect virus just take advantage of those users who are lacking of precaution consciousness and do not pay enough attention while surfing on the Internet. Because the masses of the innocent users would easily be blinded by the virus and naturally fall for the trap without knowing it. After experiencing this farce, users have to learn to vigilant and take more attention on the computer and browser. Once finding any exception such as the default homepage has been changed without permission or strange prompt or pop-up shows up frequently, users might consider the computer was infected with unwanted programs or even malware, then taking remedial measures about it. Due to the virus and malware always infects the computer in various ways, users have to learn to prevent them from victimizing the computer system for the future.
Tips: If you want to figure out the easy and effective way to protect the computer from being attacked by tricky virus, you can feel free to contact the VilmaTech Online PC Professionals by clicking on the button, they’ll help you.