Some computer users want to uninstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE) in consideration of installing/upgrading the latest Java version that contains important enhancements to improve performance, stability and security of the Java applications that run on their machine. Java is fast, secure, and reliable, which has the abilities to make libraries, the Java Virtual Machine, and other components to run applets and applications written in the Java programming language. Besides that, there are a lot of applications and websites won’t work unless you have Java program installed on your computer. Therefore, it is increasingly popular among computer users all over the world. When you have troubles with updating the latest version of the program, you may select to uninstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE) first.
Uninstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE) involves a few of below steps, which are well designed to guide computer users to accomplish the removal. Before you uninstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE) program, it is needed to terminate or exit the program at first. Right click on the icon and then click Exit option. There would be a pop-up box asks “Do you really want to Exit,” please click on Yes button.
Click on “Start button”-> Click on Programs ( programs on Windows 7/Vista)
Access to Start button menu-Windows 8
Windows 8 banished the Start button from its spot on the bottom left corner of desktop. You can reveal the Start screen by this way: Point your mouse in the screen’s bottom-left corner and then click when the Start icon appears. The Start screen appears, bringing a screen full of tiles representing many of your apps and programs. Then you can find the program that you want to uninstall.
2.Scroll down and Locate “Java Runtime Environment (JRE)” program. Then select Remove option.
Some items appear in a list below the program’s name, you need click on “Remove/Uninstall the Java Runtime Environment (JRE”. Next follow the wizard to finish the process.
(Also you can access your local disk, pen the program Files folder. Find the target software’s file, open it and select the uninstall option.
Note: It is crucially significant to know how best to do to uninstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from your computer without any associated un-installation errors or any other troubles that degrade your computer performance. The major key is to clearing out the willing program and with all its leftovers. From two points, the steps focus on removing left folder files and registry entries.
4. To fast locate all files associated with the target program you should show hidden files first. Show hidden files: Click on Start button-> Click on Control Panel->Double click on Files and Folder Options->click on the View tab->Check “Show hidden files, folders and drives”->Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). Then click Ok button.
5. Click on Start button to go to My Computer. Open Local (Disk) C:\ or Local (Disk) D:\ It is according to the place where you installed the target program. Find the JRE program folder and its plug-in folder related with it, right click on them and then click on Delete option.
C:\Program Files\Java Runtime Environment (JRE) (64 bits)
(C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\)
(C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\Java Runtime Environment (JRE) (64 bits))
Manual way requires you should overall handle with registry entries correctly and carefully, it might lead some system problems once you mistakenly deleted some system registry entries. Under this situation, in-advance backing-up files is very helpful and on the safe side to help you recover all your deleted things and rescue your computer. To uninstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE) in the absence of q worry, you may follow the next back-up steps.
6. Open Registry Editor. Click on Start, (In Windows XP, click on the Start button and then click Run.) In the search box, or Run window, type regedit in the poping-up window. And then click Ok.
7. Highlight Computer by clicking on it once. From the Registry Editor menu, choose File and then Export….
8. Export Registry File window will appear, you need choose a location (Click desktop on the left end) to save the backup file to the desktop. If you have external hard drive or mobile USB flash drive, it is highly recommended you save these files there.
9. Locate the File name: name the backup file folder->click save button.
Till up now, you have backed up the program registries. You can continue the next step.
10. Delete left registry entries
Open Registry Editor by Pressing keyboard shortcuts Windows+ R, Type regedit in popping- up Run window and click Ok.
In the Registry Editor window, highlight My Computer, browse the below paths to delete left registries so that to finish the last step to completely uninstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 7 (64 bits))
1. Click Start menu and click on Control Panel.
2. Double click Add or Remove Programs, locate and double click on Java Runtime Environment (JRE), select the option “Remove.”
3. Please wait while the program is removed from your computer. Then it will prompt you if you are sure you want to uninstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and all of its components. Click on Yes please.
4. Delete all left folder files and registry entries according to the first method mentioned above.
Now, you can completely uninstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from your computer. During the process, as you seen, it is of great importance in totally deleting visible and invisible files and registry entries. On one side, registries are the core part of the Windows Operating System, which will possibly be damaged if there are more and more fragments left there. Usually most of these fragments result of uncompleted un-installations of third- party of Windows Programs. On another side, good computer performance and stability are closely connected to the totally un-installation. Only keep your system tidy without any leftovers can it stay on excellent form. Do you have any problems on uninstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or any other programs un-installation? If you do, you can contact with VilmaTech online support for more suggestion.