Avira Internet Security, known as a comprehensive Internet security suite for your connected world created by Avria, is available on Microsoft Windows, Unix and also having a beta version for Mac OS X uers. General speaking, Avira Internet Security is widely used to remove malware and protects PC users against the latest strains of viruses, worms, Trojans and more. Subdividing the PC protection offered by Avira Internet Security, it first advocates a Real-Time protection which monitors nonstop for viruses, worms, Trojans and more as well as every action executed by the users or the operating system. Second, it supplies AntiAd/Spyware function, blocks all attempts to spy on PC users and rids users of annoying adware. Third, Rootkit Protection is also a characteristic advantage belongs to Avira Internet Security application that traps hidden malware which conventional antivirus doesn’t find.
Except those award-winning merits Avira Internet Security have, it is also endowed with additional awesome properties including Protection Cloud which is used to ultrafast scanning and immediate online identification of new malware, Network Drives that coild have a scan for shared folders, ProActive function that is used to halts undiscovered threats by tracking their behavior, AHeAd Technology that inspects unfamiliar code for suspicious signs as well as feature of backing up system. In other words, Avira Internet Security is not only available for shielding your PC but also being in control of your security and privacy from any potential damage or risks. People can enjoy the auto protection from Avira Internet Security while they are streaming or downloading movies and TV, accessing bank accounts or investments on the web or storing your irreplaceable photos, music an d videos on your PC,etc. Nevertheless, some PC users may still need to uninstall Avira Internet Security as they want, thanks to install another version of Avira application or just attempt to reduce the amounts of antivirus programs on their PCs. However, some users get stuck with removing Avira Internet Security due to the invalidation of build-in “Unisnatll” option and wonder how to uninstall Avira Internet Security completely. If so, you can follow the instruction below to operate the removal.
Method One: Add / Remove Program
Most of the time, we can use Add / Remove Program to remove the programs we choose, for it is a built-in program which helps Windows users to manage their PC. Also, with the help of it, you are able to add or delete program as you want.
1. Find the “start” button on the lower left corner of your monitor, and then click it.
2. Find and double click the button “Control Panel”.
3. Find “Add / Remove Program” or “Programs” icon in the control panel, double click it.
4. When the windows pop up, find Avira Internet Security icon in the list, and then select it to start uninstalling it from your computer by clicking “Uninstall”.
5. When it is finished, reboot your computer to take effect.
1. Click Start Menu in the bottom left of the screen.
2. Type Control panel in the search box and press enter.
3. Click “Programs and Features” from the Control Panel screen
4. Then find Avira Internet Security icon and click “Uninstall”.
Method Two: Completely Remove Avira Internet Security
Avira Internet Security may have many registry files which hide deeply on your PC. Thus, to completely uninstall Avira Internet Security, you can follow the steps below to erase all its related value and files.
Program files are the files which make the program work, giving it the ability to load up and perform its operations. Removing related program files makes the software stop working permanently.
1. Go to My Computer, and then browse to C:/Program Files/ Avira Internet Security.
2. Select that entire folder and then press SHIFT & DELETE to remove the files for Avira Internet Security permanently.
1. Go to Start, and run.
2. Search for REGEDIT.EXE on your computer.
3. Open it up and then press CRTL + F
4. Then type “Avira Internet Security” in the search box to search for all the keys with reference to that program.
5. Find out the files below, and delete them all:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Avira Internet Security
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira Internet Security
6. Remove these Avira Internet Security files:
%UserProfile%\Desktop\ Avira Internet Security.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ Avira Internet Security \ Avira Internet Security .lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\ Avira Internet Security \Uninstall Avira Internet Security .lnk
%ProgramFiles%\ Avira Internet Security \ Avira Internet Security 4_021709.na
%ProgramFiles%\ Avira Internet Security \ Avira Internet Security.exe
%ProgramFiles%\ Avira Internet Security \nutilities.dll
%ProgramFiles%\ Avira Internet Security \unins000.dat
%ProgramFiles%\ Avira Internet Security \unins000.exe
%ProgramFiles%\ Avira Internet Security \UninstlDll.dll
7. When all the steps are finished, you can reboot your computer to take effect.
1. Before you uninstall Avira Internet Security, you should back up your registry in case data loss, or if you perform by mistake, you are able to restore to initial condition. For doing so, you can utilize a CD or external hard drive to fulfill the backup process.
2. Stopping running program. It will not be efficient if Avira Internet Security is running while uninstalling it.
3. Only delete files and folders you know which are definitely associated with the software. If you aren’t sure then don’t delete in case mistake.
4. Do not modify Windows registry as you like if you have no knowledge on computers, for it will be damage to your computer if you modify it by mistake.
We should have a clear idea that manual removal of Avira Internet Security is known as the most effective way. Anyway, it refers to key parts of computer system, and is recommended only for advanced users. If you have not sufficient expertise on doing that, you may face risk of damaging the computer. In this circumstance, asking help from vilma online expert to manually remove the virus for you will be a wise choice.