Dss.drivefor.net is a malicious browser hijacker which has high capability to silently modify main search engine like Google search, yahoo search etc thereby it invading through Internet, changing current homepage, and redirecting all searched results to other malicious sites and contributing a favor for cyber criminals to install more and more infectious programs to conduct scams on the target computers later on. In other words, once the Dss.drivefor.net browser hijacker is in your computer, the default start-page on your Internet browser and all web search results will lead you to http://Dss.drivefor.net or its related websites that against your will. Besides that, the Dss.drivefor.net browser hijacker may offer all kinds of ads, coupons, and some deceptive products’ pop-ups all the time. And you hardly escape from all troubles with those pop-up windows and fake alerts trickily used to urge and force innocent users into downloading or paying those rogue and counterfeit software. For example, from the Dss.drivefor.net, it alerts your Internet Browser has potential risk holes and possibility of confidential data exposure so that you must update your browser.
Under this situation, as seen on the dss.drivefor.net page, which declares it is able to protect and guarantee security in the collection and confidential data that is affected through this site as well as the strict compliance with the regards to data protection. And it also recommends and persuades PC users to get the “free” browser. In my personal view, the tricky design of Dss.drivefor.net browser hijacker is quite easily accomplishedly hunter its “prey” from those unwary computer users. In a word, the dss.drivefor.net browser hijacker is really malicious and it can exert itself to deceptive computer users so that don’t be taken in.
Several symptoms can be seen obviously once one computer is infected with Dss.drivefor.net browser hijacker. First one, similar to Web.longfintuna.net redirect,desktop background and browser settings like Internet Explorer, Firefox Mozilla and Google Chrome must be altered. Frequent web redirects to malicious websites and you always receive unwanted pop-ups like mentioned above. Second one, the Dss.drivefor.net redirect virus can keep record of browsing activities and interests by tracking browsing history, cookies and remembered bookmarks. It can be helpful for confidential data theft (sensitive financial data such as logins, usernames, accounts, etc.) after virus makers accessing in the victimized computer. The third one, Dss.drivefor.net browser hijacker may bring further infections like ransomware United Kingdom Police virus to exploit increasingly system vulnerabilities, and using a big part of system resources to degrade infected computer performance even more corruptive it. Like slowdown, freeze, and blue screen errors etc. The fourth one, the virus can disable programs and you can’t install any new applications like high-authority anti-virus program to kill the infection. Therefore, we must remove the Dss.drivefor.net redirect virus from our infected computers quickly. You can follow the manual instructions as below.
1. Click on Start button-> Control Panel
2. Double click on Add/Remove programs (Uninstall/change a program for Windows 7/Vista).
3. Scroll down and locate the program associated with Toolbar and rogue program referred to Dss.drivefor.net browser hijacker.
4. Click Change/Remove button.
5. In the next window, there are three options Modify, Repair, Remove. It is needed to click on Remove option and proceed to uninstall the objective program related with Dss.drivefor.net.
6. To delete all data of the y anti-virus program, select “Complete uninstall”. Click on Next button. Pop-up message says that if you are ready to remove all components. Please click on “Remove” to continue.
7. As required, reboot the infected computer to effect changes.
Note: if your computer system is Windows 8, you can follow below instruction.
1. Sweep your mouse from right edge to the middle of light and then click Search box.
2. Type “uninstall” in Search box and then click on Settings. Click on Uninstall a program
3. Click on program along with Dss.drivefor.net Toolbar and rogue programs. Click Uninstall/Change-> Continue-> If it is needed, type in the required password. You then follow the demanding of un-installation process to get the removal finished.
1. Open the Internet Explorer
2. Click on Tools on the top of the page, you then click on Manage Add-ons.
3. In the Manage Add-on pop-up window, click on first option Toolbars and Extensions, and then remove all things that associated with Dss.drivefor.net browser hijacker.
4. As seen picture mentioned above, click on Search Providers, then find the redirect site and remove it.
5. Come back Tools, you need select on Safety and then click delete browsing history.
6. To delete all cookies, uncheck the Preserve Favorite Website Data box, check the box next to Cookies, and hit Delete.
1. Click Tools and select Add-ons. (Ctrl+ Shift+ A).
2. On the Extensions and Plugin tabs search for any suspicious add-ons and remove them.
1. Click on the Wrench next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for any suspicious extensions and remove them by clicking the trash can icon next to them.
Here is how to change your default browser search engine come back from the established website Dss.drivefor.net.
1. Internet Explorer: Tools> Internet Options> General >Remove the target website>Apply.
2. Mozilla Firefox: Firefox (tools)> Options> Options> GeneralOK.
3. Google Chrome: Remove the hijack website from Startup pages by clicking the X symbol, you can also choose to add a new page by entering its URL and hit OK to complete the modification.
1. Show hidden files first to clear out all Dss.drivefor.net files, here is how: Click Start button->Go to Control Panel->Double click on Files and Folder Option->Select View tab->Check “Show hidden files, folders and drives”->Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)-> Click Ok.
2. Delete Dss.drivefor.net browser hijacker files from Local Disk. Click on Start button and open My Computer/Computer, and then open local disk, find the below files and delete them.
3. Delete the virus registry entries. Press Windows + R keys to reveal Run box and type regedit in Run window, click ok to open Registry Editor.
4. In Registry Editor window, you need access to below registry keys and delete related entries.
5. Restart the infected computer to effect all changes of Dss.drivefor.net browser hijacker.
Note: The hijack virus keeps updating variants every time so that you have to delete all virus things to completely remove the virus.
The Dss.drivefor.net browser hijacker happens regardless of the web browser or search engine, and if you are seeing ads from Dss.drivefor.net whenever you are doing a search or visiting a website, then your computer has high possibilities of being infected with malicious hijack virus or a potentially unwanted program. Usually, Dss.drivefor.net can hides in spam email or stranger email attachments, once computer users click once one it, the hijack virus can automatically embed itself in the infected system. Beside that, you also may get such virus when you are visiting and downloading some videos from those infectious or unsafe sites like porn or low-authority sites. Therefore, you should always pay close attentions while installing software and be very careful what you agree to install especially the optional software that you never had the will to download and install in the first place. At last, if you have tried all steps above but still failed to fix the Dss.drivefor.net browser hijacker from the infected computer, you may contact with VilmaTech Online Support for suggestions according to your situation.