Websearch.pu-results.info was an unwanted hijacker secretly infecting the targeted browser then modifying the original settings to make itself as the default service. In this case, it would freely redirect the users and lead them to browse the specified websites. Most of the websites provided by the Websearch.pu-results.info containing all kinds of attractive commercial information, effectively tempting the innocent users click on them and go for a visit, so that the advertisers and also the people behind the Websearch.pu-results.info would make exorbitant profits from them. This purposive hijacker arbitrarily drawing the users to those advertising pages could generate traffic and increase the trading volume, coaxing users to purchase goods on the Internet and get defrauded.
Even the Websearch.pu-results.info is not exactly a virus, it is still a potential safety hazard for user’s computer. As it could freely alter the browser settings to make it accept any unwanted programs even malware to installed into the system. In this case, more and more viruses would seize the chance to make damages to the computer, causing plenty of safety problems to the system. Users might suddenly found the running speed becoming slower and slower and more and more system applications could not launched normally and happened with system failures. With plenty of malicious viruses wandering around in the computer, gradually corrupted the whole system and made it end up with collapse, users would be encountered terrible consequences.
When the computer has been damaged by Websearch.pu-results.info and become compromised, Cyber criminals would take advantage of this opportunity to break into the system, stealing user’s confidential information and used for illegal trading. Under this circumstance, user’s personal privacy would be seriously violated and their personal property would be damaged. In order to avoid the safety troubles in a timely manner before things getting worse, users have to disable and remove the Websearch.pu-results.info hijacker completely from the computer. Please refer to the following instructions to finish the removal. If you worried about any trouble during the process, you can feel free to click on the button and have a one-one-one chat with the VilmaTech Online PC Professionals, they’ll be glad to help.
1) Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del keys at the same time.
2) Search for the related processes of Websearch.pu-results.info under the Processes tab, select them then click on the End Process button to disable them.
3) Check if the processes have been disabled then close the Task Manager.
1) Start the Internet Explorer, locate the menu bar then click on Tools, select the Internet Options from the list.
2) Click on the Advanced tab in the pop-up dialog, check the options in the browser section then click on the Reset button.
3) Click on the General tab, locate the homepage section then type a new URL in the box and save the changes.
4) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1) Open the Mozilla Firefox then the Firefox menu, find out the help then choose the Troubleshooting Information under it.
2) In the pop-up page, click on the Reset Firefox button and permit the reset.
3) When the reset is done, click on the Finish button to restart Mozilla Firefox.
4) Click on the Firefox menu again to choose the Option in the list.
5) Choose the General tab then type a new address in the homepage box.
6) Save the changes and restart the Mozilla Firefox again.
1) Launch the Google Chrome, open the Chrome menu the click on the Setting from the drop-down list.
2) Click on the Show Advanced Settings link in the Setting page.
3) Click on Reset Browser Settings button.
4) Locate the Appearance section in the Settings page, put a check on the Show Home button item, then click on the Change link.
5) Put a new address as the homepage then save the changes.
6) Restart Google Chrome.
1) Click on the Start button then choose the Run from the Start menu.
2) In the pop-up Run box, type “regedit” in the search bar then click on the OK button.
3) In the Registry Editor, click on the left side branches and search for the registry keys and entries of Websearch.pu-results.info, then delete them carefully.
4) Modify the default folder properties to show up the hidden files in the system.
5) Find out the file of Websearch.pu-results.info and delete it.
6) Close the Registry Editor then restart the computer immediately.
Websearch.pu-results.info usually infected the computer with improper ways and hijacked user’s homepage without authorization. So once finding the webpage was redirected to unknown sites, we should consider that the browser might be captured by malicious hijackers or other malware and it must be removed without hesitation. In most cases, most of the users just reset the homepage and leave it, then they constantly encountered the redirecting situation and don’t know why. That’s because the masses of the users, especially for those computer novices, don’t have the enough computer skills to remove the tricky hijacker completely, letting this kind of virus or malware have their way and keep making serious damages to their computer. In order to protect the computer from being infected with cunning virus, users have to learn more methods of preventing malicious infections. Such as using the antivirus to scan for unknown programs and remove the inactive programs immediately. More than that, users should never download any freeware and shareware, because this kind of free downloads might be bundled with hijackers or other malware and installed into the system without user’s awareness and permission. So, if you want to learn more effective methods to against malicious virus, please contact the VilmaTech Online PC Experts by clicking on the button.