Search.Protectedio.com has been pretended to be a beneficial search service for the computer users to have a protected environment while they are doing the searching. However, Search.Protectedio.com is actually a browser hijacker coming with an evil propose to victimize the innocent users and redirect them for those malevolent cybercriminals. In most cases, users could not notice the difference between regular safe search engine like Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer and the bad ones like Search.Protectedio.com, blindly using the browser hijacker for searching. Search.Protectedio.com could easily get the initiative to transfer the innocent victims to any dangerous website it wanted. Once the users get hooked by those unsafe sites recommended by Search.Protectedio.com redirect virus, things will get even worse. As most of the search results provided by Search.Protectedio.com browser hijacker are online shopping sites with tons of promotions, downloads, coupons, services, ads, links, etc. Search.Protectedio.com will lead the users to walk into traps that set up by the criminals.
Search.Protectedio.com might seem harmful due to the user-friendly interface and the so-called protected search service it provided, making of fool of the Internet users so they would follow the lead and ending in disastrous consequences. Search.Protectedio.com became a tool for the cyber criminals to dig more profits from the victims. Once Search.Protectedio.com was successfully installed into the targeted computer, the whole system will be a mess for the user. At first, users might find their favorite homepage has been replaced by Search.Protectedio.com and tons of unfamiliar links and URLs have been added in the browser without awareness. Then, no matter what keyword they are using, Search.Protectedio.com will always have the way to redirect them to unknown websites forcibly, which is so annoying and confusing. Under this circumstance, cyber crooks will have the opportunity to defraud the innocent users with fake offers and false ads so as to make exorbitant profits. As an evil accomplice, Search.Protectedio.com could also make profits itself while finding more victims constantly.
Even Search.Protectedio.com is not a high-risk infection, it is still necessary to draw user’s full attention when it is happened. Search.Protectedio.com could freely modify some system settings to lower the defense so it could carry on more malicious moves in the infected computer. As the comprehensive protection has been corrupted, Search.Protectedio.com could seize the chance to introduce more and more unwanted programs even malware into the vulnerable computer to make it a disaster. With all the malware and virus gathered in the compromised system, users could not do their work smoothly because they would encounter a mass of issues and trouble caused by the Search.Protectedio.com hijacker and other malware. Cybercriminals also take advantage of this occasion to add more trouble to the users for further profits. Since Search.Protectedio.com has successfully make damages to the computer, the criminals could easily break it down and invade into the system, stealing all the private information and data from them for illegal use. So, users have to remove Search.Protectedio.com hijacker as soon as possible and repair the system immediately.
Please feel free to click on the button and reach to the VilmaTech Online Experts when you encounter any problem during the removal.
1. Disable Search.Protectedio.com processes before the removal.
1) End the running media software and applications immediately.
2) Use key combination: Ctrl+Alt+Del to open System Task Manager.
3) Locate Processes tab, select all the unwanted processes of Search.Protectedio.com redirect virus then disable them completely.
2. Open Control Panel to remove Search.Protectedio.com programs from the computer.
1) Press Win key then click on Control Panel from the Start menu.
2) Find out Programs heading from the Control Panel then click on the “Uninstall A Program” link under it.
3) In the displayed programs list, search for all the Search.Protectedio.com related programs then click on the Uninstall button to remove them.
4) Follow the uninstall wizard until finished.
1. Close the current windows then start the browser.
2. Reset browser settings to remove Search.Protectedio.com hijacker completely.
1) Click on Tools then select Internet Options.
2) Go to Advanced tab then click on Reset button.
3) Select the options and complete the resetting.
1) Click on Help from the menu bar then click on Troubleshooting Information.
2) In the displayed page, click on Reset Firefox button.
3) Confirm the resetting.
1) Open Google Chrome menu then click on Settings from the drop-down list.
2) Click on “Show Advanced Settings” link in the displayed Settings page.
3) Click on Reset Browser Settings button and approve the resetting.
3. Restart the browser to let the resetting take effect.
1. Delete Search.Protectedio.com registry entries from Registry Editor.
1) Press Win+R keys at the same time to open Run Command.
2) Type “regedit” command in the displayed search box, press Enter key to continue.
3) Locate the left side of the Registry Editor, unfold the branches to find out all the remaining registry entries of Search.Protectedio.com, remove them carefully.
2. Reboot the computer immediately after the removal.
Search.Protectedio.com could be an unexpected infection that most of the users could not detect in the first place. Plus most of the Internet users have unhealthy habits online, leaving chances for malware like Search.Protectedio.com hijacker to infiltrate into the computer and victimize them. In order to avoid such a disaster caused by infection like Search.Protectedio.com virus, users have to learn some effective methods to prevent them. As virus and malware usually come from unsafe downloads and installations. Users have to make sure all the downloads are coming from safe and reliable official sites. In the mean time, users should develop a healthy surfing habits to avoid unsafe redirection. If you need more help and instructions for virus prevention, welcome to make a contact with VilmaTech PC Experts by clicking on the button at any time you need.
Here is a help for you to back up registry file in Windows 8 OS easily.