Kovter Ransomware is a classic infection attacking the targeted computer system that most of the users could not stop it in the first place. Kovter Ransomware was created by evil cyber criminals who want to scam the innocent users for illegal ransom. In most cases, malicious Kovter Ransomware could secretly block the computer so as to stop the users from accessing any application and file in the computer, causing a panic situation which will be good for what is going to happen. Kovter Ransomware will take advantage of this occasion to show a bogus warning message on the computer to add chaos to the users. Kovter Ransomware claimed to be from local agency or police station just to show its fake authority so the innocent users could buy what it says. Kovter Ransomware falsely accused the users of having illegal behavior on the Internet and asked them to pay certain ransom otherwise the computer would be locked forever and the users would be arrested for legal reasons.
Must be clear that Kovter Ransomware comes with all the fraud accusations for only one purpose – scam money from the victims. Kovter Ransomware was controlled by evil cybercriminals who pretended to be the policy but all they wanted is to threaten the computer users for money. One the users was terrified and hand over the so-called fine, Kovter Ransomware could take the chance to gather all the money for the criminals, but what’s next? Will the computer be unlocked? No! The innocent users just gave the money to Kovter Ransomware and the criminals for nothing. The computer will still be locked until the users found a way to get rid of the Kovter Ransomware completely. Kovter Ransomware creates a golden chance for the criminals to make exorbitant profits from the victims. Since the computer was locked, cyber crooks could easily take over the computer system for whatever they want. In this way, all the confidential information would reveal to the criminals so they could use it for illegal deals freely and cause more losses and damages to the computer users.
In the mean time, as Kovter Ransomware has taken the control of the computer system, even there are some anti-virus software or protection tools in it will be entirely ineffective. In this way, the evil Kovter Ransomware will introduce tons of unwanted virus and malware into the computer, taking up the system recourse so as to cause computer crash. With all the malicious invaders wandering in the computer, the whole system will be seriously damaged soon. Even in the end, the Kovter Ransomware was finally removed, all the important files in the computer were already gone. So, users have to remove Kovter Ransomware as soon as possible and repair the system immediately. Please follow the easy guide to remove the virus completely, if you encounter any trouble during the process, feel free to click on the button and make a contact with VilmaTech PC experts, they will be glad to help at any time you need.
1. Click on the Reset button on the computer case to reboot it completely.
2. Keep hit the F8 key on the keyboard before the computer loading into Windows.
3. When it enter “Windows Advanced Options”, use arrow key to select “Safe Mode with Networking”, press Enter key to continue.
* If you fail to enter this safe mode, repeat the steps and try again.
1. End all the running applications on the computer.
2. Open System Task Manager by using key combination: Ctrl+Alt+Del.
3. Locate Processes tab in the displayed window, select all the unwanted processes of Kovter Ransomware from the list, click on “End Process” button to disable them all.
1. Close the current windows then press Windows key to open Start menu immediately.
2. Click on “Control Panel” from the Start menu to open it.
3. Locate Programs heading in Control Panel, click on the “Uninstall A Program” link under it.
4. Go find all the unwanted items from the programs list, select them and click on the Uninstall button to remove them one by one.
5. Follow the onscreen uninstall wizard until finished.
1. Close the current windows then press Win+R keys at the same time to open Run Command box easily.
2. In the displayed search bar, type “regedit” command in it then click on the OK button to open Registry Editor.
3. Locate the left side branches in the Registry Editor, search the malicious registry entries of Kovter Ransomware under “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” and “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” branches and remove them carefully.
* users have to be carefully in this step just in case to delete the wrong registry file resulting in unexpected system failure or errors.
4. Once finished the Kovter Ransomware removal, restart the computer immediately just to let the changes take effect in the system.
Virus like Kovter Ransomware could be everywhere on the Internet covered up with a mass of variants which is also the reason why most of the users could not realize they are locked-up PC virus until they were victimized by them. With the rapid development in these days, Kovter Ransomware might not only be a PC virus any more, and the virus technology has also become more sophisticated, Kovter Ransomware could also attack Macbook users and Android mobile phone users. In this case, all the users have to learn to prevent the Kovter Ransomware infection in the first place and remove them effectively. In fact, if all the users could behave themselves while surfing on the Internet with any mobile devices, things could be under controlled easily. For examples, users could download needful software or mobile apps from official websites or reliable sources instead of some unknown ones. In the mean time, remember to detect all the new downloads with authoritative anti-virus software before using them, just in case virus is bundled with some files, waiting for a chance to get installed without awareness. If you still need more help to deal with Kovter Ransomware infection, welcome to click on the button and ask VilmaTech Online Experts for further help.