freeSOFTtoday was a newly found adware disguised as a beneficial add-on and stationed in Internet user’s browser without authorization. Since then, users will get restless because there were plenty of nonstop pop-ups coming out everywhere from the computer or the browser, forcibly promoting the innocent users with various products which is so objectionable. Being submerged in a large number of advertisements, users were seriously disturbed so that they can’t even surf the Internet in a normal way. Because freeSOFTtoday would constantly make strange redirection by automatically opening maximized advertising webpages, just in order to attract more and more users and increase the browsing traffic.
As freeSOFTtoday successfully sneaked into user’s browser and modified the original settings, it would have the privilege to introduce a mass of unwanted programs even malware like adware, spyware and hijacker to get installed in the targeted computer and victimized the innocent users. In that case, in addition to receive even more pop-up ads or forced opened sites, there were more and more potential safety hazards approaching. Keeping freeSOFTtoday in the browser, it will freely monitor user’s online activities so that to collect their private information such as user’s browsing history, search queries, query keywords, cookies, online transaction details, chatting records, etc.
In most cases, this kind of information was only used by freeSOFTtoday to providing the ads corresponding with user’s requirements so that to increase the trading volume and make a profit. What we can’t guarantee is that cyber criminals might access to user’s private information in improper ways and cause serious damage to them. Once the confidential information concerning user’s personal assets has been revealed, hackers or cyber criminals will take advantage of the occasion to go under user’s name and seek wealth which would definitely violate user’s personal privacy and cause them huge losses.
Furthermore, having freeSOFTtoday in the computer the browser performance will be decelerated and easily to get stuck, bring great inconvenience to the users. More than that, the other malicious unwanted programs brought by freeSOFTtoday would weaken the computer system and make it even more compromised for more security threats. In order to save the fragile computer in case everything falling apart, the priority is to remove freeSOFTtoday immediately. Please follow the below guidance to complete the removal, if you have any problem please make a contact with the VilmaTech Online Experts by clicking on the button. They’ll be glad to help.
Attention: Before starting this step, you’d better make sure that all the processes related to the freeSOFTtoday have been disabled. Please press the Ctrl+Alt+Del/Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys at the same time to open the Task Manager and confirm that.
1. Click on the Start button then search for the Control Panel in the menu and open it.
2. Find out the Programs in the panel, then click on the Uninstall a program link under it.
3. Search for the freeSOFTtoday or the additional unwanted programs in the showing programs list, then highlight them and click on the Uninstall to remove them all.
4. Confirm the uninstall request then follow the wizard to complete the removal.
5. Refresh the list and go back to check if the freeSOFTtoday was removed.
1. Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools in the menu bar then click on the Internet Options in the drop-down list.
2. Click on the Advanced tab, check the corresponding items under the browser settings section and click on the Reset button.
3. Then click on the General tab, type a new address in the homepage box and save the changes.
4) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox, search for the Help in the Firefox menu and locate it, then click on the Troubleshooting Information in the list.
2. In the showing page, click on the Reset Firefox button and conform the reset.
3. Click on the Firefox button and locate the Options and click on the Options.
4. Click on the General tab, type a new address in the homepage box then save the changes.
5. Restart the Mozilla Firefox.
1. Launch the Google Chrome and click on the wrench icon, click on Settings in the drop-down list.
2. In the Settings page, click on Show advanced settings.
3. Click on Reset browser settings button.
4. In the Appearance section, click on the Show Home button then click on the Change link, type a new address in the box and save the changes.
5. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Click on the Start button and click on the Run Command box, type “regedit” in it then press the Enter key.
*for Windows 8 users, type “regedit” in the Apps search bar , then click on the Registry Editor in the search results.
2. Find and delete the registry entries of freeSOFTtoday in the Registry Editor window.
3. Show up all the hidden files in the system.
1) Open the Control Panel and find the Appearance and Personalization and click on it, then click on the Folder Options.
2) Click on the View tab. Select the item: Show hidden files, folders and drives and remove the default check from the item: Hide protected operating system files(Recommended).
3) Click on the OK button to save the changes.
4. Search for the files of freeSOFTtoday in the system and delete them.
5. Reboot the computer immediately to let the changes take effect.
Cunning unwanted program like freeSOFTtoday usually got installed into the targeted system by being bundled with free downloads which are so popular to the masses of the users. Once it was downloaded together with the other software, it will seize the chance to mix in the optional installation items, pretending to be a recommended program. In most cases, users often did not pay attention on this kind of additional installation and blindly give the permission to the installation request and get infected with malicious virus or malware unconsciously. After experiencing the freeSOFTtoday removal, users have to learn to be protect their computer and prevent to get infected with tricky virus and malware in the future.
Extra Tip: If you want to learn more effective way to prevent virus infections, please click on the button and have a chat with the VilmaTech Online Experts for knowledge supply.