FBI MoneyGram virus is the newer version of FBI police virus (Read More), which security threat is a big trend in the cybercrime world especially epidemic in the United States. FBI MoneyGram virus focuses on attacking online computer and Android phone users located in the U.S.A and locking them out from Windows. The sort of FBI MoneyGram virus is regarded as ransomware, classified as Reveton Trojan that has began to widely spread and developed into various variants since in 2012, created by hijackers or cybercrime syndicates to obtain money by frightening victimized users and forcing them into paying non-existent fine. Constantly updating such FBI MoneyGram virus Android malware for hunting increasingly online users in the world and stealing money from them continuously happens despite considerable international law enforcement attempt to cease such cyber Android lock behind it.
FBI MoneyGram virus infection locks users out from Windows and overlaps desktop with full screen of frightening alerts. FBI MoneyGram virus locked page claims that the target users’ computers were involved in illegal online activities including child pornography, illegal using or distributing copyrighted content, etc. and then demands random of 300 dollar within 72 hours through MoneyPack or MoneyGram xpress Packet to unlock their computers. In addition, the FBI MoneyGram virus also declares that if victimized users don’t pay as the instruction reflected on the locked page, they would be involved in a deprivation of liberty for several years. Of course, a myriad of victims would be scared by such FBI MoneyGram virus threatening information particularly those inexperienced victims. However, the true nature of the FBI MoneyGram virus is a ransomware attributed by hijackers, which has no relation with any authentic enforcement agency.
In fact, the hijackers use the commonplace online fraud tactic to disguise the FBI MoneyGram virus with the similar name but not exactly as the true nature of Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). It reads “Your computer has been locked” and against specific laws, which externally looks like authentic and sacred. At this point, the FBI MoneyGram virus just utilizes the authoritative FBI enforcement agency to force innocent victims into paying its demanding fine. And in this way that disguising as enforcement agency, the hijackers can accomplishedly intimidate those victimized users and acquire their desired money. As grounds of unlocking Windows, some inexperienced victims finish the payment of $300. Unfortunately, although they have paid the demanding fine for ransomware removal, the FBI MoneyGram virus still locks the victimized machine.
Note: Are you frustrated with such FBI MoneyGram virus removal? If you can’t fix the virus by yourself, you can ask for professional help by Live Chat with VilmaTech Online Experts.
The FBI MoneyGram Virus should be removed from the infectious machine immediately in case of further damages. The first step is to bypass such ransomware locked page.
1. Shut down the infectious computer.
2. Once it finishes, reboot the infectious computer but you need constantly hit F8 key to reveal out Windows Advanced Option after the first interface skipping.
3. If hit F8 key correctly, you can see a page where reads safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc.
4. Choose Safe Mode with Networking Option by using Arrows key. And Press Enter key.
5. For Windows 8. Bring the infectious computer to the desktop (FBI MoneyGram Virus Locked page).
6. Press the Ctrl+ Alt+ Del key and you may face the Switch User interface.
7. On the Switch User interface, tap the “Shift” key and choose “Shut down” button. Click on Restart option.
8. Next page called Choose an Option. Select Troubleshoot there.
9. Now Choose ‘Advanced Options’ and choose Startup setting.
10. Next window says safe mode options. Press F5/5 key to boot into Safe Mode with Netwokring.
1. Now need to open Windows Task Manager and End malicious process there.
2. Press Ctrl+ Esc+ Shift (Windows7/vista) or Ctrl+ Alt+ Del (Windows XP/ Windows 8) to open Windows Task Manager.
3. Locate at Process tab on the Windows Task Manager Interface.
4. Scroll down and click on malicious process related with FBI MoneyGram virus. You then click on End Process button.
1. Click on Start button. Click “Control Panel.” And click on Appearance and Personalization.
2. Double click on Files and Folder Option.
3. Select View tab. Check “Show hidden files, folders and drives.”
4. Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). Then click ok to finish the changes.
5. Click on Start button and open Computer or My computer there. Access to the local disks and delete all files related with FBI MoneyGram virus.
6. The below files are for reference only.
%Program Files%\ FBI MoneyGram Virus
1. Press Windows+ R key to reveal out Run box. Type regedit in Run window and click Ok.
2. Next you may face the Registry Editor window. You need navigate to the below path and find out “Shell” there. You then need click on Shell and click on Modify.
3. The default value data is Explorer.exe If it doesn’t like that you need remove it and type in Explorer.exe.
4. Search all left registry entries related with FBI MoneyGram virus and delete them.
Close all boxes and reboot the infectious machine to put all chances in effect.
Note: Key to removal success is to sweep away all components related with the FBI MoneyGram virus. So it is quite crucial to clear our all virus leftovers make sure non potential infections left. If need help about it, you may chat with VilmaTech 24/7 Online Experts.
2. Click the “Security” tab, click the “Internet” symbol you need click the “Custom Level…” button.
3. In the Settings list, scroll down to “Scripting” section. Under Active Scripting, click the radio button to the left of “Disable.”
4. In the Internet Options window, click OK. Press the F5 key on your keyboard or click the refresh icon in the browser.
1. Eliminate FBI MoneyGram virus from Mozilla Firefox. Open it first, and click on the Firefox button and select “Option.”
3. Click OK. Press the F5 key on your keyboard or click the reload icon to refresh the page.
4. And then go to Tools and Select Add-ons. You need delete all cookies related with FBI MoneyGram virus there.
5 Reboot the web browser.
1. In the browser, click Customize and control Google Chrome and select Settings.
2. At the bottom of the Settings page, click Show advanced settings….
3. Under Privacy, select Content Settings….
5. Click “Done” and close the Settings tab. Press the F5 key on your keyboard or click the reload icon to refresh the page.
6. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar. Select Settings. Click Show advanced settings. In the “Privacy” section, you need delete all cookies related with FBI MoneyGram virus there.
The sort of FBI MoneyGram virus is caused by a Trojan infection that is capable of locking any access to Windows, Android system, Desktop, and any application installed on the infectious machine. This kind of ransomware is carefully crafted by hijackers in order for stopping users from doing rescue measures to at first time clean out all potential computer threats. Although program referring to those advanced anti-virus programs, such FBI MoneyGram virus Android malware still can disable them and brush all obstacles aside on its way to extort money from victimized users. At this point, the best way to remove FBI MoneyGram virus completely from the victimized machine is manual removal. Once such aggressive ransomware left on the infectious machine can’t be removed ASAP, it would bring out incredible damages. It would constantly exploit system vulnerabilities to make the infectious system total failure and open backdoor that allows hijackers accessing in to steal confidential data. By compromising Internet browsers and tracking online activities, cookies, browsing histories, online transaction data, and sensitive information remembered on hard-drives. Till now, if still need help for removing the FBI MoneyGram virus Android virus from the victimized machine completely, you can live chat with VilmaTech 24/7 Online Experts.