Ask toolbar is known as an infamous toolbar package which belongs to the accessory of Ask Search Engine developed by cyber criminals. Most of the time, major computer users may neglect little add-ons or extensions which installs on their PCs automatically without any permission. It is improper to take no notice of such tiny changes due to the potential horrible threats they could make. For detailed, as soon as Ask toolbar inserts its components successfully on your computer, it will start to diffuse its malicious codes and registry files on order to modify system settings, especially for Internet settings like DNS and default search provider. Therefore, annoying web page popups may keep popping up that out of control which may contain commercial message as well as entertainment news. It is obvious that we should remove Ask toolbar timely to avoid any possible trouble.
Being faced with such tricky and nasty toolbar virus, many computer users have no idea how their PC get infected with Ask toolbar and how to uninstall Ask toolbar effectively. In fact, you may get Ask toolbar via downloading free applications from unreliable online resource or just clicking on some unknown links on your Email or web pages. Hence, we need to pay more attention while we are surfing online so that to decrease the probability of infecting with unwanted viruses. Supposed that we do not remove Ask toolbar on time, it is able to install additional threats like its related web search engine – Ask.com which may change your default home page on compromised machine. This could lead to extra browser hijack virus, keyloggers into computer as well. In this case, your personal data will be in high risk on account of the numerous system vulnerabilities, and remote hackers will be able to access the target machine easier. Some computer users may realize more apparent symptoms in the later time, including the slow performance of system, browser freeze and so on. If so, we need to figure out the helpful way to remove Ask toolbar and Ask.com to keep machine and privacy safe.
First: Download files&drivers from unreliable web sites;
Second: Open email or downloading media files that contain the activation code of the virus;
Third: The virus has successfully hacked some famous social online communicate website such as Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and sites like that. The web masters are not possible to have enough time to manage all corners of their websites. If you get any suspicious pop-up from a website, you have to be careful since the pop-up may not be from the website, instead, may be from Trojans that can control your PC within a short time if you click the pop-up.
1. Click on the “Start Menu” and find and click on “Control Panel”.
2. When you are in the “Control Panel”, find the “Add / Remove Programs” tab and click on it.
3. Now you’ll see a huge list with programs, applications and software programs. Now you’ve got to find the Ask toolbar and select it.
4. Once you’ve found it, hit the uninstall button and confirm that you want to uninstall the program.
5. Now the uninstall process will start.
6. When it is done, restart your PC.
• If you use Windows XP, click Start, and then click Run. Type the following in the Open box without quotes, and press Enter: “inetcpl.cpl”
• If you use Windows 7 or Windows Vista and WIndows 8, click Start. Type the following in the Search box without quotes, and press Enter: “inetcpl.cpl”
• Click the Advanced tab
• In Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Click Reset in opened window again.
• Select Delete personal settings checkbox to remove browsing history, search providers, homepage
• After Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box
• Go to the installation folder of Google Chrome: C:\Users\”your username”\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\User Data.
• In the User Data folder, look for a file named as Default and rename it to DefaultBackup.
• Launch Google Chrome and a new clean Default file will be created.
• Open Firefox
• Go to Help > Troubleshooting Information in menu.
• Click the Reset Firefox button.
• After Firefox is done, it will show a window and create folder on the desktop. Click Finish.
Lots of users have mentioned like that computer has found weird symptom, but installed Antivirus have no report about any virus. In this Internet era, viruses are developing, so do its hiding techniques. It takes time for Antivirus to update its definition or signature. Ask toolbar is a very foxy infection. If there is no proper Ask toolbar removal tool, then this risky virus should be uninstalled with effective method manual approach. To manually get rid of Ask toolbar, it’s to end processes, unregister DLL files, search and delete all other Ask toolbar files and registry entries. The instruction above is for advanced computer users, since Ask toolbar is very tricky; it’s hard to handle it without relative expert skills. You want to remove it ASAP? Vilma Support online agents would help you out soon!