MyOSProtec.dll Brings Endless Ads and Cause Failure! How to Remove and Stop It?
MyOSProtec.dll is a DLL file according to its extension. Developed by MyOSCompany, the DLL file has been spotted to locate in C:\Windows\system32\ and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ according to the data collected by VilmaTech Lab from victims owning different Operating Systems. Report says that MyOSProtec.dll is unwelcome due to the scenes listed below it brings up:
- Error messages about dysfunction or inoperation ejects a lot.
- More popup ads are seen during Internet surfing session.
- CPU is running high with the DLL file.
MyOSProtec.dll serves as an executable file to unable proper functioning of certain program/application which is not a complete executable file, instead it is divided into a couple of relatively independent dynamic-link library files. Such files are simply everywhere in the existing Operating Systems due to the advantages as follows:
- It can be used by several different applications to help save physical memory by preventing repeatedly loading codes.
- It simplifies deployment and installation. If the function within certain DLL file requires update, no reinstitution of the link between the application and the DLL file should be done thereby; in the event that the DLL file is used by several applications, they will be beneficial naturally.
- Due to the advantages, DLL file has been made as the tool to implement operations for ActiveX files ended with .ocx , Control Panel files ended with .cpl and Device Driver files ended with .drv. This explains well why the appearance of MyOSProtec.dll, not being a Windows background process, is capable of turning some executable files off and popping up ads at will.
For more information about MyOSProtec.dll, please keep on reading. If you are in devastating situation where problems are coming out one by one, just live chat with senior technician from VilmaTech Online Support without hesitation and get the solution according to your concrete situation.
Is MyOSProtec.dll Virus?
So far, it is not radically certain that MyOSProtec.dll is virus. It is categorized as PUP for the time being as PUP.Optional.MyOSProtect.A has been detected along with it and the relentless pop-up ads are the main trouble by it. Yet it is not wise to keep the dll file running in the background and feel relieved as MyOSProtec.dll can be capitalized by computer threats, Win 8 Antispyware 2014 for example.
Reasons you should be concerned about MyOSProtec.dll:
- Lots of pop-up ads at one time could exhaust CPU dramatically. After close observation, it is not hard to find that the ads caused by MyOSProtec.dll are all about business promotions with unpopular URLs. Such website is usually loosely programmed to have bugs through which infections worm into a machine without too much effort.
- The websites applies BHO and JS computing techniques to help load them quickly the next time and remember the PC users’ surfing preference to offer the content catering to users the next time, let alone the ones displaying ads caused by MyOSProtec.dll. Be noted that the two computing techniques are allowed to access Cookies that contain log-in credentials and details you were dealing with webs. In other word, you’ll end up with money and information loss as soon as MyOSProtec.dll is taken advantage by computer threats.
- Every program has a backdoor for future improvement and instant repair and so does MyOSProtec.dll. In case the dll file is capitalized by virus, unsolicited access will be allowed without knowledge and consent. Privilege will be taken over absolutely.
The earlier you resolve the problems incurred by MyOSProtec.dll, the much safer you and your computer are. Since MyOSProtec.dll does not contain vicious attribute code anti-virus programs cope with, manual way is recommended. Follow the thread offered below and play to the score tactically. When you feel like you need specialized technical help, click on the live chat button to contact VilmaTech Online Support.
Manual Way to Guide You Through MyOSProtec.dll Removal
Step1. end MyOSProtec.dll with Task Manager.
Windows 7/XP/Vista to follow up
- Press and hold Ctrl, Alt, Delete key together to bring up Task Manager.
- Hit View tab to choose “Select Columns” and then tick ‘Show Kernel Times’/ ‘Select Process Page Columns’ and PID (Process Identifier) options.
- After you pressing OK button, please go and find ‘LSASS.exe’ for MyOSProtec.dll’s image of the User Account which does not belong to the system.
- Back to desktop to enable Run box by Win key and R key together
- Put in ‘CMD’ and press Enter key to type ‘ntsd –c q -p (PID, the number you saw on Task Manager)’ (without quotation marks).
- Press Enter key.
Windows 8 to follow up
- Enable Charms bar by hovering mouse to the edge of Start Screen and type ‘Task’.
- Access Task Manager and navigate to View tab.
- Choose “Select Columns” before “Image Path Name” and PID.
- You’ll see full path name of programs and please track the suspicious ones (see Step3) that are related to MyOSProtec.dll.
- Back to Start Screen and select All Apps before Accessories.
- Enter into System Tools to choose System Information.
- Expand Software Environment node to choose Running Tasks.
- You will now see the path for each service and program in the right pane.
- Disable the service before ending MyOSProtec.dll in Task Manager.
Step2. show how many programs/applications are using MyOSProtec.dll.
- Use Win+R key combination to get Run box.
- Type “Regedit” and hit Enter key to access DataBase and navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsrft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls”.
- Browse the sub-keys under the entry and look into the window on the right hand to know the number of relevant programs.
- When done, remove MyOSProtec.dll under the entry.
Step3. Uninstall the programs that are installed either automatically or by you after the appearance of MyOSProtec.dll.
To precisely uninstall programs that call MyOSProtec.dll, one should gain an open-and-shut list.
- Enable Run box by Win+R key combination.
- Enter “cmd” and hit Enter key.
- Type “tasklist /m >> d:/test.txt” and hit Enter key.
- When done, navigate to D disk and click open test.txt.
- Use Ctrl+F key combination and search for MyOSProtec.dll.
- You’ll clearly see which programs are calling the dll file.
- Uninstall them.
MyOSProtec.dll Removing Tip – Registry Backup
Entering into DataBase where registry entries lie and making modification is a work needs particular care. Any slight mistake would lead to disaster overtime. Therefore it is advisable to backup registry before the removal. Though it is not healthy with MyOSProtec.dll alive, it could save the day when mistake is made to trigger a lot more issues. Since the method to backup registry on Windows 8 is not widely known, here’s the video to show how:
Why MyOSProtec.dll Gives Popup Ads and Disables Plug-ins?
By popping up ads, MyOSProtec.dll encourages CTR and PPC to get money. By disabling some plug-ins, MyOSProtec.dll ensures that no application is standing in the way to fortune. To get extra money, MyOSProtec.dll would also help drop down additional programs.
One fact should deserve your attention is that removing the MyOSProtec.dll file exclusively would not stop the disturbing scenario triggered by the relevant program(s) as it is just one component. This is why one should reach more steps to uninstall it/them after following the manual thread offered above. Should you have questions or you need instant help, click on the live chat button to contact VilmaTech Online Support.