Music Box Toolbar has high abilities to make numerous troubles interfering with browsing activities, also does exhibit plenty of malicious traits like rootkit capabilities to hook deep into the operating system, trickily created by hijacker aims at acquiring confidential personal resources for illegal profits. A genuine and high authority toolbar can upgrade PC users’ online experience. While the Music Box Toolbar is a type irksome hijacking plugin can automatically deliver some unsolicited advertising materials to the user in an aggressive, annoying, and intrusive manner. Unwary computer users sometimes install the Music Box Toolbar when they download Third-Party programs from unofficial website. After they finish the wanted program installation, the Music Box Toolbar also can be installed as well. It can link PC users online to this specific domain– earch.tb.ask.com which is an unwanted browser hijacker website instead of your main search engine and change your browser default homepage as home.tb.ask.com. The Music Box Toolbar looks just like a regular add-on attributes to its established search engine with attractive features so that it accomplishedly make many unwary computer users become its grey.
The Music Box Toolbar must be engaged in modifying your default search homepage, URL bar searches once it has installed in the target computer. The most common symptom is that whenever a URL is entered at the address bar, related web page won’t be open because the Music Box Toolbar makes the preferred website redirected to its own search domain. It is result in that you can’t freely browse anything that you will. Besides that, the Music Box Toolbar hijacking thing also generally exhibits some particularly attractive and favorable offers with appealing features for instance bogus coupons/ads/raffle ticket to lure PC users to click on and then make their preys been trapped in privacies loss. Vitally essential thing is that the hijack Music Box Toolbar can be used by hijackers to embed increasingly rogue programs on the infected computer to totally get the computer totally locked, and then blackmail the victims
1. Click on Start button-> Control Panel
2. Double click on Add/Remove programs (Uninstall/change a program for Windows 7/Vista)
3. Scroll down and locate the program associated with Music Box Toolbar
4. Click Change/Remove button.
5. In the next window, there are three options Modify, Repair, Remove. It is needed to click on Remove option and proceed to uninstall the objective program related with Music Box Toolbar.
6. To delete all data of the y anti-virus program, select “Complete uninstall”. Click on Next button.
7. Pop-up message says that if you are ready to remove all components. Please click on “Remove” to continue.
8. As required, reboot the infected computer to effect changes.
Note: if your computer system is Windows 8, you can follow below instruction.
1. San your mouse from right edge to the middle of light and then click Search box.
2. Type “uninstall” in Search box and then click on Settings.
3. Click on Uninstall a program
4. Click on program along with Music Box Toolbar. Click Uninstall/Change-> Continue-> As needed, type in the required password.
E: Follow the demanding of un-installation process to get the removal finished.
1. Open the Internet Explorer
2. Click on Tools on the top of the page, then click on Manage Add-ons.
3. In the Manage Add-on pop-up window, click on first option Toolbars and Extensions, and then remove all things that associated with Music Box Toolbar hijack virus.
4. As seen picture mentioned above, click on Search Providers, then find the home.tb.ask.com and earch.tb.ask.com redirect site and remove it.
5. Come back Tools, you need select on Safety and then click delete browsing history.
6. To delete all cookies, uncheck the Preserve Favorite Website Data box, check the box next to Cookies, and hit Delete.
For Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Tools and select Add-ons. (Ctrl+ Shift+ A)
2. On the Extensions and Plugin tabs search for any suspicious add-ons and remove them.
For Google Chrome
1. Click on the Wrench next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for any suspicious extensions and remove them by clicking the trash can icon next to them.
Here is how to change your default browser search engine come back from the established website referred with Music Box Toolbar hijacking thing.
1. Internet Explorer: Tools> Internet Options> General >Remove the target website>Apply.
2. Mozilla Firefox: Firefox (tools)> Options> Options> GeneralOK.
3. Google Chrome: Remove the hijack website from Startup pages by clicking the X symbol, you can also choose to add a new page by entering its URL and hit OK to complete the modification.
1. Show hidden files first to clear out all Music Box Toolbar files, here is how: Click Start button->Go to Control Panel->Double click on Files and Folder Option->Select View tab->Check “Show hidden files, folders and drives”->Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)-> Click Ok.
2. Delete Music Box Toolbar redirect files from Local Disk. Click on Start button and open My Computer/Computer, and then open local disk, find the below files and delete them.
3. Delete the virus registry entries. Press Windows + R keys to reveal Run box and type regedit in Run window, click ok to open Registry Editor.
4. In Registry Editor window, access to below registry keys and delete related entries.
5. Restart the infected computer to effect all changes of Music Box Toolbar.
All the ways you have tried as above, you could have uninstalled Music Box Toolbar completely from your infectious computer successfully. However, it is essentially important to have a clear idea on how best you should do to finish the process before you deleting anything particularly its files and registry entries. The hijack toolbar is able to change the core system registry entries every time so that you have to pay high attention to deal with registries. For more suggestions to remove Music Box Toolbar or other hijacking virus , you may consult with computer experts by contacting with VilmaTech Online Support.