Windows Protection Booster is a fake anti-spyware that in itself is typically perilous, usually uses deceptive advertising and false alerts as a frightening tactic to have target Internet user purchase a bogus licensed version of the software. Windows Protection Booster states that it is a legitimate anti-virus application, but are typically clones of other lackluster software repackaged under new name and graphics. This kind of fake anti-spyware is best at disguising itself as a legitimate and reputable anti-virus program in order for luring users into purchasing. Most rogue anti-virus program also takes advantage of highly aggressive fraud tactics include malicious adware, browser hijackers, Trojan viruses that informs users with a series of fake security warnings aimed at convincing them into purchasing non-existent licensed version of Windows Protection Booster.
As the Windows Protection Booster versions update, it’s getting increasingly epidemic over the security circles to attack millions of Internet user worldwide with extorting money. Windows Protection Booster fake any-spyware is aggressive as any rogue security program such as Windows AntiVirus Booster (Click Here), running bogus scanners and displaying spyware threats. With the fake security alerts, Windows Protection Booster virus probably convinces online computer users into being trapped especially for those inexperienced computer users. What it all boils down to, the family of fake AV program (Windows Protection Booster) is literally everywhere, epidemic in the depths of the worldwide web, never abandoning the efforts to attack Internet users’ computers and displaying false security alerts to extort money. And done with that, Windows Protection Booster virus may lead to abundance malicious adware.
Windows Protection Booster virus adequately performs its malicious nature that extorting money from its target innocent online users, which is actually what there are aimed to do in the first motivation. Moreover, the Windows Protection Booster still can steal personal information underground. Some of the online information that’s related with your name, backing data, logins, and online transaction data would be probably stolen by hijackers. Because the virus make for the Windows Protection Booster virus is capable of easily accessing to the victimized machine via backdoor. The backdoor actually can be opened by virus constantly exploiting system vulnerabilities. This is also the crucial reason why Windows Protection Booster virus never abandons propagating online. Therefore, never belittle the Windows Protection Booster virus, you’d better rid it of the infectious machine ASAP.
Note: You may ask for professional help immediately to get the Windows Protection Booster virus fixed. Just need Live Chat with VilmaTech 24/7 Online Experts.
1. On the Control Panel Interface, choose Add/Remove option or Uninstall a Program. For Windows XP users, refer to the below screenshot.
2. For other Windows versions, click the “Programs and Features” option. Also you may click Uninstall a program immediately.
3. From the pop-up page, you need choose the malicious program called Windows Protection Booster, and then click Remove or Uninstall button.
4. After that, you still need confirm the removal process, click Uninstall or Remove option again.
1. Click the start button and access to control panel
2. From the pop-up page, click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
3. Double click on Files and Folder Option.
4. Choose Folder Options category and click on the Show hidden files and folders option.
5. From the next window, select the “View” tab.
6. Check “Show hidden files, folders and drives.”
7. Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). Click Ok.
8. Now double click My Computer on the desktop and open local drives. Search and delete the Windows Protection Booster virus files there. To incase of any virus left files, you’d better confirm all hidden files have been showed.
MS-SEC = %AppData%\svc-[random].exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\MpCmdRun.exe
Debugger = svchost.exe
If Windows firewall can’t work normally, you may follow the below tips.
1. Choose Control Panel, for Windows 8, right-click at the bottom left corner of screen, and then choose Control Panel.
2. Choose security applet (System and Security) and open it. Now you can see the Restore defaults link, click on it.
3. From the next window, you can restore the defaults firewall settings. Choose the Restore Defaults button now.
4. You then confirm and you need click Yes to continue. And then the Windows Firewall on Windows 8 will be restored to the default values.
5. Reboot computer.
Windows Protection Booster virus is recognized as rogue anti-spyware, which performs a certain fraud tactic to trick money. Usually, a common approach exploited by Windows Protection Booster virus attack Internet users’ computers is by packaging with third-party programs or spam email campaign. Just while users are downloading some potentially unwanted freeware, the Windows Protection Booster virus within them can infiltrate on the user’s computer without any consent. And user hardly recognize until Windows Protection Booster virus bogus scanner self appears. This is because Windows Protection Booster rogue virus is designed to be compatible with Windows and have abilities to bypass any normal security detection. Now it should be noted that the Windows Protection Booster virus should be removed from the infectious PC quickly in case of further loss. If you still need help, you can live chat with VilmaTech 24/7 Online Experts