A new version of Reveton ransomware and Android malware called Internet Crime Complaint Center virus is achieving release on the Internet in order for blackmailing a fine. The very clever hacker exploits the same name of Internet Crime Complaint Center to scare target computer users and force them into paying. The genuine enforcement agency Internet Crime Complaint Center also is known as IC3- established in 2000 as a partnership among the FBI, the National White Collar Crime Center, and Bureau of Justice. It is to serve as central hub to receive, develop, and refer criminal complaints regarding the rapidly expanding occurrences of cyber-crime. And it offers victims an easy-to-use way to report cyber crimes and provides law enforcement and regulatory agencies with a central referral system for complaints. At this point, the hackers produce the Internet Crime Complaint Center virus Android lock with a full-screen of fake messages purportedly from the enforcement agency to threaten those victims to be tapped in. Thus, once your computer gets infected with such Internet Crime Complaint Center virus Android malware, you computer could be locked with full screen warnings. It looks authoritative and infrangible. And many innocent victims mistakenly suppose they have to pay the demanding money to get the restriction release. If you supposed so as well and paid, unfortunately, you have been trapped in the nasty trick exploited by hackers.
Apart from damaging the victimized computer, the significant purpose of the Internet Crime Complaint Center virus is to blackmail and steal money from those unsuspecting virus victims. The virus display a plenty of message to accuse f you have been violating related laws, and you have to be lank in jail under the situation that the demanding fine of $500 is not paid. Usually, we must feel scared and be at nail-biting what to. And always doubt that whether there an exact criminal case is ongoing to against us or not. Further more, what innumerable follies laid waste my waking and sleeping thoughts after that Internet Crime Complaint Center virus locked screen scared us. With such horrible attitude increases, many computer users have to decide to pay to avert from any criminal case in the soon future. But in fact, the Internet Crime Complaint Center scam virus is absolutely designed by hackers. It doesn’t have any business with genuine enforcement agency. If pay, you would be cheated by virus makers. You would suffer from computer damages and economic loss. Therefore, never believe Internet Crime Complaint Center virus is really from the genuine association and never pay the blackmailed money.
Internet Crime Complaint Center virus is endowed with high ability to damage the victimized computers. For the virus can invade into a computer without any consent, it also can bypass some anti-virus program scanning. You can’t be aware of it until it allows itself being identified by you. In similar way, the damages on the infected computer are ongoing underground at first. You can read as below.
1. Internet Crime Complaint Center virus can infected computer systems and data by changing or deleting files, wiping hard drives, or erasing backups to hide some or all of their malicious activities and tradecraft. By wiping, or “zeroing out,” the hard disk drives, which overwrites good data with zeros or other characters, the Internet Crime Complaint Center virus effectively erase or alter all existing data, greatly impeding restoration. So many computer users can remove the ransomware though they actually know a little more about computers.
2. The Internet Crime Complaint Center virus will sneakily exploit increasingly system vulnerabilities to open backdoor so that offers a chance for hackers accessing in. So that the hackers can quickly collect confidential data by tracking browsing history, cookies or online transaction remembered data.
3. The malicious ransomware possibly encrypt sensitive information like some confidential files. If the victimized computer is of a company computer even the state that stores a client databases, financial and technical documentation or even banking detail, it would be tremendous damage. Though it is a personal computer, only when its owner often does online transactions or saves some privacy will he suffer from some huge damages.
Internet Crime Complaint Center ransomware – Malicious virus is able to attack one computer sneakily, just as such situations mentioned as below.
◆ When you mistakenly once click on an unsolicited (spam) incoming emails, including clicking links contained within those messages, the Internet Crime Complaint Center virus can automatically add itself on your computer mysteriously.
◆ The malicious Internet Crime Complaint Center virus makers often hide a virus in some freeware or more possibly utilizes counterfeit software with copycat names as lure to deceive unwary computer users. Just when you are downloading such unsafe freeware, the virus has installed on your computer. So be ware of such free software with copycat names similar to but not exactly the same as those of high reputable Third-Party Windows free programs.
◆ Besides that, some low-authority freeware, shareware and attractive pop-ups (Ads, coupons) are also the common ways that virus infects your computer.
◆ The most common place where the Internet Crime Complaint Center virus propagates is the porn site. A plenty of ransomware, malware, Trojan viruses can be sojourners there. If you ever did go there, it is quite possible a virus slips into your computer.
First step is boot up with Safe mode with networking.
1. If you are seeing Internet Crime Complaint Center virus locked screen now, you need shut down the infected computer first. And find out F8 key on first line of the keyboard.
2. Press Power button to start the infected computer but before Windows launches (after skipping the first interface), you have to hit F8 key to reveal out Windows Advanced Options. You can see the page says safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, etc. Highlight safe mode with networking by pressing Up-Down keys and hit Enter key. Wait for a moment, Windows is loading files to the desktop.
Before, not a few of computer users have acknowledged more or less about use of safe modes on Window7/Vista/ XP, however, a plenty of computer users for Windows 8 and after the Windows 8.1 hardly know how to proceed since they can’t press F8 key like before any more to get into safe modes immediately. Now to remove Internet Crime Complaint Center virus you have to boot the infected computer in safe mode, you can follow the below tips.
1. Start and login the infected computer until the Internet Crime Complaint Center virus screen shows on>Press the Ctrl+ Alt+ Del keys, it will brings you to the Switch User interface>Tap the “Shift” key on the keyboard by your left hand, click on “Shut down” button>Click on Restart option>In the ‘Choose an Option’ screen, you need select “Troubleshoot.” >Click on ‘Advanced Options’, then in the following window choose ‘startup settings> Choose ‘restart,’> Press F5/5 key to highlight Safe Mode with networking option, hit enter key.
Second step- End malicious process of the Internet Crime Complaint Center virus.
Press Ctrl+ Esc+ Shift (Windows7/vista) or Ctrl+ Alt+ Del (Windows XP/ Windows 8) to open Windows Task Manager. You then locate at random virus file and click on End Process.
Third step- Delete Internet Crime Complaint Center virus files from Local disk.
1. Show hidden files first.
A: Click on Start button
B: Click on Control Panel. Click on Appearance and Personalization line.
C: Double click on Files and Folder Option.
D: Select View tab
E: Check “Show hidden files, folders and drives”
F: Uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
G: Then click ok to finish the changes.
2. Open Local disk, and remove Internet Crime Complaint Center virus files refer to below files:
%Program Files%\ Internet Crime Complaint Center virus
Fourth- Delete Internet Crime Complaint Center virus registry entries.
1. Press Windows+ R key to reveal out Run box. Type regedit in Run window and click Ok.
2. In the Registry Editor window, you need navigate to the below path. You then need to find out “Shell” and right click on it. Click on Modify. The default value data is Explorer.exe If you see something else written in this window, remove it and type in Explorer.exe.
3. Besides that, you still need delete Internet Crime Complaint Center virus registry entries, you can refer to the below entries.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ Internet Crime Complaint Center Virus
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System ‘DisableRegistryTools’ = 0
Fifth step- Reboot the infected computer with regular mood to effect the virus removal.
Note: If the Internet Crime Complaint Center virus still locked your computer in safe mode with networking, you may access in Safe mode with command prompt. You can use same stpes to boo the infected computer there. Next you can follow the next tips to continue the virus removal.
1. Boot into safe mode with command prompt, you can see a black cmd.exe window.
2. Type the commands C:windowssystem32restorerstrui (Window 7/Vista), at the end of the blinking cursor, and then press Enter key. If you are using one computer with Windows XP, you need type this one C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe in stead.
3. In the System Restore window where prompt you that restore your computer to the state it was in before the selected event. And the page will show you with a list of restore points, select on a restore point created just before the date the Internet Crime Complaint Center virus locked your computer. And then click on Next button to proceed to the restore process.
4. Wait for a minute and you need to restart your computer as the demanding of the wizard once the System Restore has been completed.
This method is suitable for those victimized computers able to get safe mode with networking though the nasty Internet Crime Complaint Center virus locked them in regular mode.
1. Click on the Start button>Click on All Programs>Click on Accessories>Click on System Tools>Click on System Restore.
2. System Restore window pops-up, you need select system restore point before the Internet Crime Complaint Center virus infects your computer.
3. Next you just need follow the wizard to get the restore process finishes. You then restart the infected computer to effect.
If you have recovery disk or CD-R, you can restore your computer just with it. But you may possibly lose all personal files. It is not highly recommended you remove Internet Crime Complaint Center virus by this way if you are not expert in this.
1. From Start Screen UI start typing Control Panel and the Control Panel option will appear as seen in the below screenshot.
2. Click on the Control Panel option and the below screen will appear. To help you fast to find out the object, you has better make sure that you select view by small icons.
3. Click on the System option and the nest window will appear.
4. On the left side of the above screen, you need select System Protection and then choose System Restore as shown in the below.
5. At the same window, click on System Restore button. Next it will show you System Restore Wizard. Click on “Next” to continue.
6. In the next window you will be asked that which restore point you would like to take, click on it and click Next button again. (A list of all your restore points will be listed here, note that you can’t restore to a specific date that has no restore point. And it is advised to consider System Restore early the Internet Crime Complaint Center virus infects your computer).
7. Later after that you’ll find the following window asking you to confirm your choice. You have to click on Finish button and Windows will automatically complete the restore for you.
8. Now system restore on Windows 8 starts, you need wait for a moment until it finishes. You then restart the infected computer to effect the scam virus removal.
Internet Crime Complaint Center virus Android malware with copycat name similar to but not exactly the name of the high-authority agency IC3 is a fraudulent trick. The hackers utilize such malicious trick to blackmail a lot of computer users worldwide. Like various intimidation crimes, and scams that used computer “scareware” to extort money from Internet users. You would learn detailed information about such kinds of scams commonly perpetrated in 2013 by clicking this post. Taking this into consideration, we should be wary about such Android lock scam virus when we are surfing online. And as technology continues to advance, so will our efforts to stay one step ahead of cyber criminals. For example, install a high reputable anti-virus program on your computer to defend from such Internet Crime Complaint Center virus in real time. At least it can reduce potential risk like system loopholes on your computer can be exploited by hijacker. At last you should pay close note is that don’t pay for the scam virus, what first thing you had better to do is to fix it. If you still have troubles on how to remove Internet Crime Complaint Center virus Android lock, you can consult with our tech nerds with expert skills.