Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B is a newly released notorious virus which is capable of invading random computers easily. Being endowed with changeable characters, Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B comes without any consent and disguises itself in root of the system once installed. Many computer users may have no idea how their computers get infected with such tricky virus. As a matter of fact, Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B can be lurked into compromised machine through downloading applications from unreliable web sites, opening unknown Email attachments and visiting some famous social websites (like Facebook, Twiiter, Yahoo) which have been hacked by Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B. It is obvious that computer users should be more careful while they are using any distrusted online resource for the sake of protecting machine for good. At the same time, we can utilize antivirus spyware to have a scan for our computer frequently so that to prevent and reduce unwanted infections.
Supposed that Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B is installed in your PC successfully, the unwanted damage is inevitable. As soon as Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B installs its codes and registry files in affected machine stubbornly, it can compromise your system and may introduce additional infections like rogue software and browser hijacker virus. It can slow down the performance of computer via occupying large amounts of system resources. Meanwhile, annoying popups may take over your browser significantly and redirect your domain to vicious directions. Simply that Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B is a tool which designed by cyber criminals who aim to make damage on PCs and gain from victims. Therefore, Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B can even open up a backdoor for hackers and trace users’ search history and sensitive private data. That is to say, your personal data like bank account and passwords would be in high risk of exposure to the open. For the worse results, it could lead to Blue Screen and crash down the system randomly. We can easily tell that the longer we keep Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B in our computers, the more threats it can bring.
* Use a firewall to block all incoming connections from the Internet to services that should not be publicly available. By default, you should deny all incoming connections and only allow services you explicitly want to offer to the outside world.
* Enforce a password policy. Complex passwords make it difficult to crack password files on compromised computers. This helps to prevent or limit damage when a computer is compromised.
* Ensure that programs and users of the computer use the lowest level of privileges necessary to complete a task. When prompted for a root or UAC password, ensure that the program asking for administration-level access is a legitimate application.
* Disable AutoPlay to prevent the automatic launching of executable files on network and removable drives, and disconnect the drives when not required. If write access is not required, enable read-only mode if the option is available.
Step one: Safe mode with networking
As Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B can disable some important functions of affected machine and block the maintenance. Safe Mode with Networking is the first step that you need to do which could make your PC run normally.
A. To perform this procedure, please restart your computer.
B. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap “F8″ key constantly.
C. Use the arrow keys to highlight the “Safe Mode with Networking” option and then press ENTER.
D. If you don’t get the Safe Mode with Networking option, please restart the computer again and keep tapping “F8″ key immediately.
A: Please start your infected computer first.
B: When you login and see the desktop, press the Ctrl+ Alt+ Del combination key. Switch User interface will pop-up.
C: Then, please hold down the “Shift” key on the keyboard and at the same tine click on “Shut down” button once on the bottom right corner of the page.
D: You will get there options: Sleep, Shut down and Restart. Click on Restart icon.
E: The next window says ‘Choose an Option’ screen,” then you need select “Troubleshoot.”
F: On the troubleshoot page click on ‘Advanced Options’. When the following window pop up, please choose ‘startup settings
G: After that, please choose ‘restart,’ and then wait for a minute. Windows will automatically display Safe mode options. At last press F5/5 key to highlight Safe Mode with networking option, hit enter key as well. Later after that, Windows 8 Operating system will be booted up with safe mode with networking.
Part One: Stop Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B processes first.
To eliminate Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B, we need to stop its apparent processes first . It will help you to fulfill the rest work of cleaning smoothly.
1. To stop all Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B processes, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Windows Task Manager.
2. Click on the “Processes” tab, search for Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B, then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
1. Go to Start, and run.
2. Search for REGEDIT.EXE on your computer.
3. Open it up and then press CRTL + F
4. Then type “Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B” in the search box to search for all the keys with reference to that program.
5. Find out the files below, and delete them all:
6. When it is done, please reboot PC to take effect.
Since Registry is one of the most important parts of a computer, if you delete the wrong values or entries there, you will bring more damages to your system. Therefore, if you choose to manually remove Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B, you’d better take note of items below first:
One: First make sure that your registry is completely backed up on either a CD or external hard drive. Then if there are any problems you can always start from the beginning.
Two: Only delete files and folders you know which are definitely associated with the software. If you aren’t sure then don’t delete in case mistake.
Three: Do not modify Windows registry as you like if you have no knowledge on computers, for it will be damage to your computer if you modify it by mistake.
Four: Restart your system regularly. If you have problems with booting up your computer whilst you are in the process of deleting then you will know exactly where you have gone wrong.
Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B can be a nightmare for many computers, especially who are new to PCs. It can make horrible damage in your PC as well as your important privacy. Even though it is possible to manually remove Trojan:Win32/Mevade.B by yourself, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistake is made in the process as advanced spyware viruses are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely deleted. If you still need more suggestion during process, you can contact with VilmaTech Online Suppot for help.