Websearch.searchsunmy.info has now confirmed to be a tricky browser hijacker modifying the default settings without permission. Once infected the targeted computer, it would hijack user’s favorite homepage and change to Websearch.searchsunmy.info. When the users open the browser for a searching, this cunning hijacker would successfully fool the innocent users to use it as the original search service. Under this circumstance, the purposive hijacker would have the authority to redirect the users to any website it wanted, totally blocking the regular search results and hiding so well from the ignorant users. In this way, forcing the users to browse the specific sites, Websearch.searchsunmy.info would pretend to be a beneficial service and make a profit by itself.
In most cases, Websearch.searchsunmy.info would like to show the innocent users with various advertisements results, with the intention to lure them to visit those deceptive sites without knowing it. This baleful hijacker usually colluded with various advertisers even Cyber crooks beforehand, inducing more and more users to various ads sites it specified and be defrauded. Most of the ads links are requiring payment, once the innocent users clicked on it accidentally, they would be forced to make a transaction which was definitely unfair and illegal. Unfortunately, the masses of users were so easily be attracted by a wide variety of products, because the ads provided by Websearch.searchsunmy.info were so tempting and incredible, concerning plenty of discounts, coupons, big sales, bargains,etc. Which could effectively draw the attention of the most of users.
Websearch.searchsunmy.info was also the cluprit for making the computer system be in danger of collapse. With this risky hijacker stationed in the browser, it would added plenty of unwanted programs even malware like adware, hijackers, spyware into the computer, and opening the backdoor for all kinds of security threats to invade into the targeted system. In this case, the computer performance would be decelerated gradually, causing the computer be stuck easily and with dysfunction. When the computer was corrupted these malicious invaders and became compromised, Cyber criminals would seize the chances to make further attacks to the targeted computer. Once they succeeded, user’s important files and data would be stolen and used for illegal purposes and deals. So, in order to protect personal privacy and maintain the legitimate rights and interests, to remove Websearch.searchsunmy.info will be the best decision for users to make.
If you have any problem during the removal, you are welcome to make a contact with the VilmaTech Online Experts by clicking on the button, they’ll help.
1. Open the Run Command from the Start menu, then type “taskmgr” in the box and press OK.
*There is another easy way to press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys at the same time to open the Task Manager.
2. In the pop-up Task Manager, the Processes tab will display in the front by default, find out the related processes of Websearch.searchsunmy.info then select them, disable the precesses one by one.
3. Close the current window. You’d better check again to make sure if the malicious processes are disabled.
1. Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools from the menu bar then choose the Internet Options in the drop-down list.
2. In the pop-up window, click on the Advanced tab, under the browser section, check the corresponding items then click on the Reset button.
3. Then locate the General tab, type a new URL in the homepage bar and save the changes.
4. Restart the Internet Explorer to check if the Websearch.searchsunmy.info has been removed from the browser.
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox, Click on the Firefox button then locate the Help, click on the Troubleshooting Information in the list.
2. In the Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button and conform the reset request. When it’s done, click on the Finish button to restart the Mozilla Firefox.
3. Click on the Firefox button again and locate the Options and click on the Options in the list.
4. Go to the General tab in the pop-up window, type a new address in the homepage box then Click on OK to save the changes.
5. Restart the Mozilla Firefox.
1. Launch the Google Chrome then click on the wrench icon on the top right corner, choose Settings to continue.
2. In the Settings page, click on the Show advanced settings link.
3. Click on Reset browser settings button in the reset section and confirm the resetting.
4. In the Appearance section, check the Show Home button then click on the Change link, type a new address in the box and save the changes.
5. Restart Google Chrome.
1. Click on the Start, then open the Run box by clicking on it in the menu.
2. Type “regedit” in the search bar, press Enter to continue.
3. In the pop-up Registrt Editor, search for all the related registry entries and registry keys of the Websearch.searchsunmy.info from HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE branches.
4. Find out the file of Websearch.searchsunmy.info in the system and delete it.
5. Close the Registry Editor then reboot the computer immediately.
6. Check if the Websearch.searchsunmy.info has been removed completely.
Websearch.searchsunmy.info is not technically a virus but worthy for users to pay attention on it. As it could introduce other malicious virus or malware into the computer, combining together to make serious damages to the system and causing the users huge losses. Keeping this tricky hijacker in the browser, it was equivalent to have a potential safety hazard in the computer. So, users have to remove Websearch.searchsunmy.info in a timely manner. To prevent the computer from being infected with unwanted hijacker, users would batter pay attention on the its spread. Never download and install bundled freeware and shareware. Because most of the unwanted programs even malware usually hid in the software installation packages, secretly installing into the targeted system without authorization. Once finding the homepage has been hijacked and replaced into other unknown websites, users have to be vigilant to use the antivirus to scan and detect any suspicious program and remove it without hesitation.
If you want to learn more effective way to prevent or remove unwanted malware, please click on the button and ask the VimaTech Online Experts for more help.