It is highly recommended that PC users should remove Vtools Toolbar from their computers if they had installed it previously. Vtools Toolbar is usually categorized as unwanted or undesirable software and actually it can be classified as high risky bowser hijacker. This kind of virus often claims that it is able to help PC users accelerate the speed of visiting website and improve the loading of webpages. Part of windows users make a choice to trust the Vtools Toolbar browser hijacker and then become victims of the hijackers finally. Vtools Toolbar virus is designed and released by cyber criminals who would like to illegally promote annoying advertisements and spread spyware / Trojan maliciously. Most of the victims regard Vtools Toolbar as other legitimate browser toolbar like Google Toolbar which can bring them lots of convenience when surfing the Internet. However, they are completely wrong because Vtools Toolbar can do nothing but only attacks the Windows system and provides backdoor for cyber criminals. Vtools Toolbar should be removed as soon as it has been found on the computer.
Vtools Toolbar would maliciously modify the default settings of the web browsers from the second it installed on the PC. The main targets of this virus are the popular web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome. People will get this virus very easily if they use any one of browsers mentioned previously when downloading freeware, installing applications or clicking on infected links from suspicious website. Vtools Toolbar alters the settings of web browser, homepages and will redirect users to other unwanted website. A few of malicious add-ons, Active X and extensions would be created by Vtools Toolbar and they will disable other add-ons of the former browser.
Vtools Toolbar browser hijacker replaces the default search engine with its own search page. When the victims try to search for some and type the information in the toolbar, they would be redirected to other website which are full of commercial advertisements and sponsored links. The search results displayed by Vtools Toolbar virus are unfriendly and contain adware, spyware malware and other PC threats. Most of the advertisements are promoted by the publisher of Vtools Toolbar. Money is their final purpose because if the users click any one the search results, they will constantly receive pops up ads which can not be stopped. Additionally, the hijackers will trace users’ web history and analyze their visiting habits in order to give them wrong path so that they can obtain further control.
It is no use to remove Vtools Toolbar virus with anti-virus programs. It can deceive and by pass the Windows firewall even most of the PC security software. Moreover, once the add-ons of Vtools Toolbar installed, they are very hard to be removed completely even though PC users uninstall the Vtools Toolbar hijacker. Additionally, people need to manually change the browser homepage to its previous state. If you are one of the victims who need to remove the Vtools Toolbar, please continue to read the post. VilmaTech Threats Labs will introduce removal instruction and you can follow the guides step by step.
You can remove the Vtools Toolbar with Windows Add/Remove programs or other third party uninstallers. However, they are not able to remove it completely. After the removal of Vtools Toolbar, you still need to clean up the components and leftovers of this browser hijacker. Also, you should reset your web browser to its default state yourself because there are no programs available to help you do that automatically.
In most of cases, Vtools Toolbar would be displayed in the currently installed programs list. You can remove it from the Windows control panel.
1. Go to Start -> Control Panel. (If you are running Windows 8, please right-click at the screen’s bottom-left corner and from the pop-up menu choose “Control Panel“.)
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on ‘Uninstall a program’ under Programs area.
3. Look for a name ‘Vtools Toolbar’ and click on Uninstall/Change.
4. Follow the uninstall wizards to finish the uninstall process.
5. Restart your computer to make the changes effect.
1. Open IE, click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons.
2. Under Show, click Downloaded controls to display all ActiveX controls.
3. Click the ActiveX control you related to Vtools Toolbar, and then click More information.
4. In the More Information dialog box, click Remove. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
5. Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to Ultimate-search.net virus from the list.
6. Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider.
7. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
8. Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other.
9. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
1. Click on the Firefox button, located in the upper left hand corner of your browser window. When the drop-down menu appears hover your mouse cursor over Help, circled in the example above. At this point, a sub-menu should appear to the right. Next, click on the Troubleshooting Information option.
2. To reset your browser to its default state, click on the Reset Firefox button
3. A confirmation dialog should now be displayed, asking if you want to reset Firefox to its initial state. To initiate the process, click on the Reset Firefox button.
4. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish.
1. Open your Chrome browser.
2. Type the following command in the address bar: chrome://Vtools Toolbar/
3. The Add-ons installed shall be displayed, disable its add-ons.
Delete malicious registry entries and files of Vtools Toolbar browser hijacker
Windows users should pay more attentions when trying to download and install applications from the Internet. When you want to install an application on your PC, you need to be more carful what you agree to install. Always check if the program contains any additional applications. If you are not familiar with them, do not agree to install them. Also you should always go for Custom Installation so you would be able to see what programs are bundled with the main one. Therefore, do not select every option displaying on the installation wizards especially the add-ons which will attempt to change your home pages and search engine when you proceed the installation steps. Keep your default web browser working under the highest of security situation. This can help you decrease the rate of getting infections from malicious website and keep you far away from the un-trusted high risky freeware downloading sites.
After you accomplish all the steps above for removing the Vtools Toolbar browser hijacker, please restart your computer to make the changes effect. If you are not confident of deleting the registry files of the virus, Or if you are not very good at proceeding such computer operations, you can have online chat with VilmaTech support team for more solutions. It is not recommended that PC users delete and modify the Windows registry entries manually if they have little computer knowledge. Any mistaken of reigstry keys will cause more PC problems and even crash the whole Windows system.