Go.Speedbit.com is a destructive browser hijack virus which typically interferes with Internet users’ regular online experience by forcibly generating web traffic. By virtue of its innocent interface, Go.Speedbit.com disguises itself as a standard websites providing search engine services for Internet users. The counterfactual condition is, Go.Speedbit.com is a detrimental website used by cyber criminals to make hazards on affected computer and gain from victims. The common measure Go.Speedbit.com used to meddle with user’s browser is to tamper default web browser configuration such as DNS setting. As a consequence, Go.Speedbit.com browser hijack virus generally leads to user’s default homepage getting modified and the web search provider getting altered in a forcible fashion to http:// go.speedbit.com.
Note: The following removal requires certain computer expertise. Any inaccurate operation may result in data loss or even system crash. So if you cannot remove Go.Speedbit.com virus by yourself and afraid of making worse result, you are welcome to contact VilmaTech 24/7 Online Experts here for tech support.
To get rid of Go.Speedbit.com virus, major computer users would like to have a full scan with their installed antivirus applications. However, even though users have updated their antivirus programs to the latest versions equipped with newest virus database, they may have a failure to pick up any traces of Go.Speedbit.com redirect virus. In reality, the Go.Speedbit.com virus developed by hackers is endowed with advanced hiding techniques, which can easily bypass the detection and auto-removal from antivirus application. As a result, the Go.Speedbit.com virus may be hard to be removed from computer with the help of antivirus applications only. If this is the case, you may consider the helpful manual removal to completely remove Go.Speedbit.com virus from computer.
Part one: Clean up all cookies
Once being installed, Go.Speedbit.com browser hijack virus may create numerous web browser cookies on the affected computer. In order to completely remove Go.Speedbit.com virus and avoid reveal of sensitive online data, it is obliged to clean up all cookies of Go.Speedbit.com virus.
1. Open Google Chrome browser. Go to “Tools” > “Options”.
2. On the “Under the Bonnet” tab, locate the “Privacy” section and choose the “Clear browsing data” button.
3. Now you can select “Delete cookies and other site data” to delete all cookies from the list.
1. Open Internet explorer browser. Go to “Tools” > “safety”.
2. And then click “delete browsing history”.
3. Now you can click the “cookies” box, then choose “delete”.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser. Go to “Tools” > “Options” > “Privacy”.
2. Click “Remove individual cookies”.
3. In the Cookies panel, click on “Show Cookies”.
4. If you want to remove a single cookie, click on it and then select the “Remove Cookie button”.
5. If you want to remove all cookies, you can click on the “Remove All Cookies button”.
Tips: Want to remove the Go.Speedbit.com infection safely and permanently? You may contact VilmaTech PC Experts Online here to clean up the infection in a few minutes without repeating.
Part two: Completely remove Go.Speedbit.com from computer
1. Open Windows Task Manager and stop all the running processes of Go.Speedbit.com.
2. Show hidden files of Go.Speedbit.com
a. To show hidden files of Go.Speedbit.com, first you need to open Folder Options. Follow the steps: Start button > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Folder Options.
b. Then you can click the View tab.
c. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). Apply OK to finish,
3. Find out the following files created by Go.Speedbit.com, and then remove them all.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\*.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\*.*
4. Open Registry Editor and remove all registry files related to Go.Speedbit.com.
The Go.Speedbit.com virus has been recognized as an aggressive browser hijack virus which has the capability to make damage on popular-used browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. It will not only tamper with Internet user’s regular online experience but also lead to additional infections with the aid of found system vulnerabilities. It is no doubts that the Go.Speedbit.com virus should be removed from computer timely to end up its harmful symptoms. Anyhow, this hijack virus endowed with advanced hiding techniques, may easily escape the detection and auto removal by antivirus applications or other security tools. If this is the case, you may consider the almighty manual removal to terminate Go.Speedbit.com browser hijack virus effectively. Please be aware that manual method refers to the operation of cleaning up the related processes, dll.files and registry files. Any mal-operation or mistake may lead to worse results. Thereupon if you have no experience on fixing such kind of PC issue, you may live chat with VilmaTech Online Agents for real-time tech support.