Gir.driveropti.net is an unreasonable browser hijacker usually invaded into Internet user’s computer through improper ways and forcibly providing its own search service by replacing the browser original homepage into the Gir.driveropti.net. Once the hijacker successfully took over the browser search direction, users would no longer optionally browse any webpage they like. Even they modified the homepage settings over and over again, the annoying hijacker was so stubborn to get rid of and it would appear in the browser anyway.
Taking charge of user’s browser, Gir.driveropti.net will have the ability to redirect users to the specific search results containing a variety of advertising websites. With the mission to attract more visitors and promote sales, Gir.driveropti.net provided users with multitudinous commercial advertising information, indirectly leading them to make transactions and benefiting from them. Not just intercepted user’s search queries, the cunning hijacker also intensified its efforts to add plenty of unwanted programs into the browser, most of them were adware or hijackers attacked with ads links and sponsored links. Since then, users would get nonstop pop-up ads displaying everywhere. Most of the pop-up ads were related to discounts, coupons, big sales or bargains, which are so popular with the masses of users.
Once the users could not resist the temptation and clicked on these ads links, there would be so many hidden safety trouble waiting for them. As most of the ads links corresponded to the goal-directed websites which might be released by cyber crooks with the intention to defraud the innocent users for money. Sometimes, even the users just hovered the mouse instead of clicking on this kind of malicious links, several advertising webpages would pop out automatically which were often so difficult to shut down. This kind of sites were usually corrupted by viruses, seizing the chance to make the targeted computer get more serious infections without awareness.
Gir.driveropti.net could be accomplice for cyber criminals. Since it completely controlled user’s browser, cyber criminals would take advantage of this opportunity to use Gir.driveropti.net to induce users to blindly download and install so-called recommended software which is actually a virus or malware. Under this circumstance, user’s system would be infected with various viruses, Trojans and malware and end up with terrible consequences. And the infected computer would also be the favorite target for hackers, they would freely break into the system, stealing or destroying user’s important data to cause them huge losses. In order to avoid this terrible situation, users have to remove Gir.driveropti.net in a timely manners.
The following instructions will help you to remove the cunning hijackers completely. If you have any problem during the removal, please feel free to make a contact with the VilmaTech Online Experts by clicking on the button, they’ll be glad to help.
1) Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools in the browser menu then click on Manage Add-ons in the drop-down list.
2) Search for Gir.driveropti.net in the showing window, right-click on it then choose disable.
3) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1) Run the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox button then choose the Add-ons in the list.
2) Click on the Extension in the showing page, then select the Gir.driveropti.net in the list and click on Remove button.
3) Restart Mozilla Firefox.
1) Launch Google Chrome and click on its wrench icon on the top right corner.
2) Locate the Tools in the drop-down list then click on the Extension.
3) In the showing window, search for the Gir.driveropti.net and uncheck the Enable option.
4) Restart Google Chrome.
1) Click on the Start button then open the Control Panel in the menu by clicking on it.
2) Click on the Uninstall a program link below the Programs.
3) In the showing list, search for the Gir.driveropti.net or the additional unwanted programs and highlight them, then click on the Uninstall to remove them one by one.
4) Confirm the uninstall then follow the prompt to accomplish the removal.
5) Refresh the list after finishing the removal, just to make sure if the Gir.driveropti.net was successfully removed.
1) Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools in the menu bar then click on the Internet Options in the drop-down list.
2) Click on the Advanced tab in the showing window and click on the Reset button.
3) Then click on the General tab, type a new address in the homepage box and save the changes.
4) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1) Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox button. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information in the list.
2) In the showing page, click on the Reset Firefox button and conform the reset request.
3) Click on the Firefox button and click on the Options.
4) Click on the General tab, type a new address in the homepage box then save the changes.
5) Restart the Mozilla Firefox.
1) Launch the Google Chrome and click on the wrench icon then click on Settings in the list.
2) In the Settings page, click on Show advanced settings.
3) Click on Reset browser settings button.
4) Click on the Show Home button in the Appearance section then click on the Change link, then type a new address in the box and save the changes.
5) Restart Google Chrome.
Gir.driveropti.net is a stubborn hijacker which is so difficult for most of the users to deal with. Nowadays, there are plenty of browser hijackers wandering around, waiting for a chance to victimize the innocent users. In this case, learning effective ways to prevent it becomes more and more important for all of the users. So they have to pay attention on any strange warning showing in the computer which usually pretending to be a formal system update prompt. Most of the time, users will give their permission blindly and get infected with malware unconsciously. Meanwhile, users should try not to browse any website with no credits, because most of them are filled up with plenty of viruses or malware.
If you still can’t remove the hijacker completely, please click on the button and ask the VilmaTech Online Experts for further help.