Alert.adsprotectpolice.net was created to infect and lock the targeted browser and show a shocking warning message in the webpage to threaten the Internet users and ask them for money. This deceptive virus was used by evil Cyber criminals who wanted to intimidated the innocent users by charging them of violating relevant laws and ask them to pay a nonexistent fine of $300 in the name of some law enforcement agencies. Because most of the victims were easily fall for this trap without knowing it was just a false accusation planned by purposive criminals who wanted to defraud them and make exorbitant profits.
Once the browser was infected with the Alert.adsprotectpolice.net, users would no longer shut down this ubiquitous webpage released by the virus or access any webpages or files in the system, which made them so worry and concern. In this case, most of the users might start to feel guilty even they knew they were innocent, and they were also afraid of being investigated for responsibility and resulting in being arrested by the police, so they chose to pay the money as requested instead of fighting for it. As the cunning criminals asked the innocent users to pay the money with vouchers such as UKash, Paysafecard, MoneyPak,etc. Even if the victims finally realized that was a scam, there would be no way for them to ask for the money back, letting the evil criminals have their way that easily.
Not just the money that the Alert.adsprotectpolice.net wanted, with the browser being locked, evil criminals would take advantage of this occasion to invade into the system without resistant. In that case, all the important files and data would suddenly become the target. Once user’s confidential information has been revealed and used for business deals, the consequences would be disastrous. More than that, plenty of security threats like virus, Trojans, worms, adware, ransomware and spyware would freely infiltrate into the compromised system. Under this circumstance, the computer performance would be seriously affected and got decelerated soon. There would more and more system failures happen time and time again, causing the computer easily crashing down or collapse. So, users have to remove Alert.adsprotectpolice.net instantly before things getting worse and irreversible.
Please refer to the following guidance and complete the removal. If you worry about any trouble during the process, please click on the button to ask the VilmaTech Online Experts for further help.
1) Restart the computer by pressing the Reset button on the computer case, then constantly press the F8 key on the keyboard until it successfully enters the Windows Advanced Options menu. If it fails, just reboot the machine then try again according to the above instructions.
2) Use the arrow key to locate the Safe Mode with Networking item, then press Enter key to enter it.
*For Windows 8 users, just open the Run box then type “msconfig” in the search bar to open the System Configuration dialog. Choose the Boot tab then locate to the Boot Options section, check the Safe Boot then choose the Network from the options list. Click on OK button to safe the changes then restart the computer to enter the Safe Mode with Networking this time.
3) Concurrently press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys to open the System Task Manager, then search for all the related processes of Alert.adsprotectpolice.net from the Processes tab and click on the End Process button to disable them immediately.
1) Click on the Start to open the Control Panel from the menu by clicking on it.
2) Find out the Appearance and Personalization in the panel then click on it.
3) Click on the Folder Options links.
4) Locate the View tab, choose the Show hidden files, folders and drives item. Remove the check from the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
5) Save the changers.
* For Windows 8 users, open the Windows Explorer from the Start then locate the View tab. Choose the File Name Extensions and Hidden Items as shown in the picture, then save the changes.
6) Search for the unwanted files of Alert.adsprotectpolice.net in the system then delete them without hesitation.
1) Open the Run box by pressing the Windows+R keys.
2) Input the “regedit” in the search bar then click on the OK button to open the Registry Editor.
* For Windows 8 users, go to the App search then type “regedit” in the search box then open the Windows 8 Registry Editor from the search results.
3) In the left side branches, find out the related registry entries of Alert.adsprotectpolice.net then delete them carefully.
4) Delete all the registry keys of Alert.adsprotectpolice.net as well.
5) Close the Registry Editor then restart the computer and check if the Alert.adsprotectpolice.net has been completely removed.
Alert.adsprotectpolice.net was considered as the tricky accomplice for those Cyber criminals who have victimized the masses of Internet users and caused them enormous losses. As most of the users did not know that official law enforcement agency won’t interfere in user’s online activities by unreasonably locking up their browser or computer then asking for a fine, once they encountered this kind of appalling situation would easily fall for the virus, honestly paying the money without knowing it was a scam. So, users have to learn to be defensive so that to penetrate the deception of the virus and the criminals. Meanwhile, Internet users should prevent the computer from being infected with deceptive virus or ransomware. In most cases, cunning virus would take advantage of computer vulnerabilities then infect the system without awareness. Sometimes, virus might be bundled with other software, especially for those freeware, once the innocent users blindly downloaded and installed into the system, tricky virus would seize the change to make damages to the system and ruin it gradually.
Tips: If you want to get more effective methods to deal with tricky virus, please make a contact with the VilmaTech Online PC Experts by clicking on the button, they’ll be glad to help.