Ad.directrev.com is one of the most epidemic webpage has been marked out as “malicious adware”, recently exploited by cybercriminals to promote a myriad of potentially unwanted adware and programs for profit-making. All pop-ups and sponsored links reflected on the intrusive Ad.directrev.com webpage are phishing website that crafted by cybercriminals in order for getting Internet users trapped. And this is why quite a few Internet users suppose the Ad.directrev.com is malicious, which work not merely degrades users’ online experience but bring out incredible damage.
Ad.directrev.com pop-ups are linked to perilous malware. One of the main reason is that the site provides users with abundance intrusive adware, potentially enticing in computer infections to user’s computer. For example, the Ad.directrev.com comes on users’ computers by informing them about outdated programs and then offering with recommendable downloading. User just needs click “Download now” button on the Ad.directrev.com pop-up. In reality, once clicked the “download now” button, there other malware will seize the chance to slip in. And done by way, the cybercriminal can propagate such malicious malware onto target computers without any consent. Refer to similar virus.
After the Ad.directrev.com being exploited by cybercriminals, your computer would be compromised. No matter how you attempt to bypass those intrusive pop-ups, they would come back immediately. The reason is your computer has been governed by the Ad.directrev.com. Internet settings would be altered and all defaults including search engine, homepage, startup and others would be overlapped with the Ad.directrev.com and its associations. This implies that all searches would be redirected to the Ad.directrev.com pop-ups. If your computer is presenting such malicious pop-ups or redirects, your computer probably is attacked by a perilous PUP.
The hijackers doesn’t revolutionize the trick to acquire malicious profits, that luring online computer users into following pop-ups or sponsored links and simultaneously enticing in malware. So does Ad.directrev.com pop-up ads. It gives target user a suggestion regarding improving surfing experience, way better than before. However, the dangers that Ad.directrev.com can bring are incredible. This virus is capable of opening backdoor by exploiting system vulnerabilities and allowing hijackers accessing to the target machine for stealing confidential data. Hijackers then can check private browsing, banking login data and online transaction information stored on web browser and hard-drives. Therefore, never belittle the Ad.directrev.com PUP, you’d better rid it of the infectious PC quickly.
Note: Are you confused about virus removal? If you are not confident of removing virus in person, you can ask for professional help by Live Chat with VilmaTech 24/7 Online Experts.
Tips: When open control panel, you should confirm the View types. You’d better change View as small icons or large icons. Fore Windows XP, you can refer to the below screenshots. And after that, choose malicious program related with the Ad.directrev.com pop-up ads and click Remove or Uninstall button. Follow the pop-up wizard to get the program removed.
1. Open Google Chrome. Click the Chrome and select Settings.
2. Choose “On startup” section and choose “Set Pages”.
3. Press the “X” symbol to remove the Ad.directrev.com pop-up ads under Startup. Fulfill preferred link there and press Ok.
4. Go to the “Search” section and choose “Manage search engines”. Choose preferred default search engine and press “Make default”.
5. Choose Settings again and select Show advanced settings. In the “Privacy” section, click the Content settings button. Locate at the “Cookies” section and click all cookies and site data to open the Cookies and Other Data dialog.
6. Choose remove all cookies at the dialog. And then select Tools and then click on Extensions. You then need delete all extensions related with the Ad.directrev.com pop-up ads by pressing recycle bin icon.
7. Reboot Google Chrome.
1. Open the Internet Explorer. Click Tools and open “Internet Options.
2. Access to the “General” tab, locate at “Home page” box and remove malicious Ad.directrev.com pop-up ads there. Choose “Settings” in Search section.
3. Click on Tools and choose Manage Add-ons. Choose Toolbars and Extensions. Remove Ad.directrev.com pop-up ads extensions there.
4. Click on Search Providers, choose and “Set as default”. Remove malicious site there. Go to Tools, select on Safety and then click delete browsing history. You then need delete all cookies there.
5. Reboot Internet Explorer.
1. Open Firefox browser. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window, go to “Help” and “Troubleshooting Information”.
2. In “Troubleshooting Information” window, press “Reset Firefox” button to reset Firefox to its default state.
3. Click on Tools, then Options, select Privacy. Click “Remove individual cookies”. Remove all cookies there.” Click Tools and select Add-ons, choose extensions and remove all plugins related with the Ad.directrev.com pop-up ads.
4. Reboot Firefox.
Ad.directrev.com now is exploited by hijackers to attack Internet users’ computers, which work focuses on tricking and stealing money. There are also situations where hijackers have abilities to steal confidential data under the ground. Usually when such perilous virus remains on the infectious machine and hijackers would have long enough time to steal sensitive data. Of course, the infectious machine has to suffer from abundance damage. Therefore, victimized users who attacked by such Ad.directrev.com pop-up ads have to take measures to fix it; Victimizes users have to remove all virus files and registry entries in case of its coming back soon. And so, if you can’t correctly address registry entries – you know, any mistaken core system entries deletion can lead to total system corruption. Taking this point into consideration, if you need professional help to correctly delete Ad.directrev.com pop-up ads virus files, you can live chat with VilmaTech 24/7 Online Experts