1-888-479-364 Pop-up is regarded as one of the most malicious pop-up malware, which can lead to quite destructive damage on the infectious machine. In this case, the 1-888-479-364 pop-up is not a pure malicious adware due to it’s associated with evil rogueware called Windows Activation Screen Scam and carries out incredible losses both computer damage and confidential information exposure. As malicious adware, 1-888-479-364 pop-up malware could compromise the infectious web browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or more for a complete control. Besides that, the 1-888-479-364 pop-up malware also can redirect all defaults including search engine, default homepage, new tabs, and search results to some established pop-ups for generating malicious revenue or leaking sensitive information. Victimized users hardly access to any expected searches and the 1-888-479-364 pop-up keeps luring them into being trapped by offering potentially unwanted ads, coupons, deals, pop-under, and so on.
From other side, the malware also can be called as 1-888-479-364 fake Windows Activation screen scam virus. The 1-888-479-364 fake Windows Activation pop-up keeps on the desktop or web browser. It claims that users’ computersa re attacked or at high danger of malware attack and convince them active Windows within 1 day to get continue using all Windows features, otherwise they have to face a complete system failure. Once those unsuspecting users click on the Activate button to try to active Windows as demanded, a pop-up message would pop-up to trick them to call the 1-888-479-364 number. As doing so can attackers threaten and trick those innocent victims into paying a non-existent license version of Windows Activation program. If done, victimized users not merely have to suffer from a series of serious system damage but also face money loss. Even all sensitive information stored on the infectious machine would be at high risk of exposure, just such as log-in credentials, online transaction data, banking data, and a lot of other financial details. Refer to the malicious DroidLive trojan virus removal on Android phone.
It is highly recommended of you removing the 1-888-479-364 pop-up malware rather than active any potentially unwanted program If need professional help to remove the 1-888-479-364 fake Windows Activation screen scam, you can Live Chat with VilmaTech 24/7 online services immediately.
Step A- Uninstall the 1-888-479-364 Pop-up from Windows
Step B- Check hosts file and proxy settings
Step C- Remove add-ons, cookies, and browsing history
Step D- Restore Internet browser settings
Step E- Remove 1-888-479-364 Pop-up files and registry entries
1. Click on the start button and click on Control Panel. If you are using Windows 8 you need move your mouse cursor or swipe to the exact lower left corner until the Desktop shortcuts menu appears, you then click on Control Panel. In Control Panel page, click on Uninstall a Program.
2. Locate at the program related with 1-888-479-364 Pop-up, click on Uninstall/Change->Continue; If is necessary, you still need type in the required admin password. Follow the pop-up wizard to get the 1-888-479-364 Pop-up malicious program removed successfully.
1. Backup the hosts files first. Locate at the Hosts file, it is a file named “Hosts” with no extension. You can see the reference screenshot. Right-click and select Copy. Now, right-click in the clear space to the right of the Hosts file and select paste.
2. Double click the hosts file and open it in a text editor. As seen below screenshot. Delete additional lines and save the hosts file.
3. Check the proxy settings. Start the Internet Explorer, click on separately click Tools, Internet options, and then Connections. Click on LAN settings to open the LAN settings menu, ensure to uncheck the use a proxy server as your LAN.
1. Click on the Start menu. Go to Control Panel and then click Network and Internet. Once in Internet Options page, click on the Programs tab, then select Set your default programs.
2. Locate the left programs bar, select Mozilla Firefox , then click Set this program as default. (If you want to set Internet Explorer or Google Chrome, you can select either of them).
3. You then still need change homepage back from the 1-888-479-364 Pop-up. Come back Tools again on the Internet Explorer and then select Internet Options. Hit General tab in the menu and set the homepage to a preferred domain instead of 1-888-479-364 Pop-up or choose Use default.
4. Restart the Internet Browser to apply all changes.
1. Access to the local disk to find out the 1-888-479-364 Pop-up files and delete them. You had better to show hidden files first so that you can remove all files. The 1-888-479-364 Pop-up browser hijacker files re referred as below.
2. Delete the 1-888-479-364 pop-up malware registry entries. Press Windows + R keys and enter regedit in Run window, click Ok.
3. Access in Registry Editor window and delete related registry entries.
1-888-479-364 pop-up malware is complex, which not merely can carry out a lot of malicious pop-ups to the infectious web browsers but also can entice in frustrating rogueware for malicious benefit-making, even stealing sensitive information for illegal online activities. 1-888-479-364 pop-up malware or the Windows Activation screen scam, the main goal is to trick money from a targeting machine. The longer the virus stays on the infectious computer, the more serious damage you have to suffer from. Therefore, to reduce the malware damage to the minimum, it is highly recommended of you getting rid of any potentially unwanted programs from the infectious PC as quick as possible. If you need professional help to remove the 1-888-479-364 pop-up malware, you can ask for qualified support from IT experts. Still ask for Further professional service to fix the 1-888-479-364 pop-up virus completely? You can live chat with VilmaTech 24/7 Online Experts