Hotspot Shield Toolbar is a browser add-on possibly exploited by hijackers to exhibit plenty of malicious traits to hook deep into the operating system, also do distort the objective browser settings thereby redirecting the default homepage to its own designed malicious thing- search.conduit.com. Hotspot Shield Toolbar has high capabilities to produce a lot of troubles thereby making PC users who have been a member of its hunting prey nail-biting and be at a loss what to do but scared. As many computer users known, usually we have to install some toolbars as required by prompts to upgrade browser settings and promote online experience especially games time. But the hijack Hotspot Shield Toolbar usually can be disguised as those useful plugins in real time to automatically install on user’s computer of opportunity without any trace. A genuine toolbar exactly play a crucially essential function for browser activities, however the hijack toolbar is just created to degrade the online performance. Not only that the solitary goal of the trickily well-designed hijack thing is to acquiring illegal profits. In shot, it is money. Therefore, once you find the Hotspot Shield Toolbar on your computer you have to remove it ASAP.
The Hotspot Shield Toolbar hijack toolbar can attack all kinds of Internet browsers on both Windows Versions and OS X. For instance, it includes Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Safari users. The hijack virus has its own designed search engine, extensions, and other plugins. Which has great damages in place so that you have to take measures fast to remove it. To completely remove the Hotspot Shield Toolbar or redirect virus, you have to remove all its cookies, extensions, plugins, virus files and registry entries. Maybe it is a little confused for some computer users with different Internet Browsers, so I would like to introduce overall steps here, hope you can get the helps to remove the malicious Hotspot Shield Toolbar.
First thing we proceed to do is to remove the hijack toolbar via Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall a Program.
1. Click on Start button-> Control Panel
2. Double click on Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP; Double click Uninstall a program Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
3. Scroll up and down to find out the Hotspot Shield Toolbar.
4. Click on the target toolbar once, you then need click Remove/Change option.
5. It will prompt you if you want to remove the toolbar and all its components, you need click Ok/Yes to continue un-installation.
6. Follow the steps by stet-up wizard, to completely finish the removal process you need restart the infected computer to effect all changes.
1. While on the desktop, bring out the Charms Bar and click on Settings. Then, select Control Panel. (Also you can move your mouse cursor or swipe to the exact lower left corner until the Desktop shortcuts menu appears. You then click on the Control Panel).
2. When you are in Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program.
3. Click on Hotspot Shield Toolbar. Click Uninstall/Change-> Continue->as needed, type in the required password.
4. The next steps are nothing out of ordinary just a few of clicks and you are through. At last reboot the infected computer as required.
1. Start the Mac computer with administrator account
2. Open Finder by clicking on its icon in your dock.
3. Click on “Applications” in the left hand pane of Finder. Locate the hijack toolbar you wish to uninstall on the list.
4. Drag the program you wish to delete to the “Trash” icon. This icon looks just like a trashcan and is located on your dock. When you release your chosen application over the bin, you will hear a sound effect that sounds like paper being scrunched up.
5. Empty your trash. To empty the trash, right-click or two-finger click on the “Trash” icon and click “Empty Trash.”
6. There two locations on your hard drive, both named Library, where programs store their preferences and supporting files. The first Library is at the top level of your hard drive, the second is inside your Home Folder. Removing all leftovers from both these locations is necessary to completely uninstall the Hotspot Shield Toolbar.
7. Start with the Top Level Library on your hard drive /Library. Find out any files or folders which referred to the hijack toolbar and then delete them. Search the following locations:
Note: You can contact with VilmaTech Online Support for more clear suggestion to uninstall the hijack toolbar from Mac computers.
1. Open Internet explorer window->Click the “Tools” button
2. Locate to “safety” and then click “delete browsing history”.
3. From here, to delete all cookies, uncheck the Preserve Favorite Website Data box, check the box next to Cookies, and hit Delete.
4. Click on Tools again, click on Manage Add-ons. In the Manage Add-on pop-up window, click on first option Toolbars and Extensions, and then remove all things that associated with Hotspot Shield Toolbar hijack virus.
5. Also click on Search Providers, then find the search.conduit.com redirect site and remove it.
6. Tools> Internet Options> General >Remove the target website and enter the desired domain>Apply.
1. Click on Tools, then Options, select Privacy.
2. Click “Remove individual cookies.”
3. In the Cookies panel, click on “Show Cookies.” To remove all cookies about Hotspot Shield Toolbar click on the “Remove All Cookies button.”
4. Mozilla Firefox: Firefox (tools)> Options> Options> General>OK.
1. Click on the “Tools” menu and select “Options”
2. Click the “Under the Bonnet” tab, locate the “Privacy” section and click the “Clear browsing data” button
3. Select “Delete cookies and other site data” to delete all cookies from the list.
4. Make sure Delete Cookies and Other Site and Plug-In Data is checked.
5. Click Clear browsing data.
6. Remove the hijack website from Startup pages by clicking the X symbol, you can also choose to add a new page by entering its URL and hit OK to complete the modification.
1. From the Safari Menu, you need click on ‘Preferences.
2. Once in the Safari preference window, click ‘Privacy’. Set your preferences for accepting cookies next to ‘Block Cookies’. You then need to remove the data from all the hijack site, simply click ‘Remove All’.
3. Now you are finished, click ‘Done’ to return to the preference window.
4. Open your Safari web browser by clicking on the Safari icon in the dock.
5. Click on Safari in your Safari menu, located at the top of your screen.
6. A drop-down menu will now appear. Choose the option labeled Reset Safari….
7. A warning dialog will now appear detailing the items like the hijack site search.conduit.com referring with the Hotspot Shield Toolbar hijack toolbar that will be removed.
8. Click the button on the dialog labeled Reset to complete the process.
9. Your Safari browser will now restart automatically.
Note: Till now the overall process finishes, if you still have some troubles with Hotspot Shield Toolbar removal steps, you may consult with experts from VilmaTech Online Support. They are willing to help you.